cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 W/USB 3.1 BIOS Issues

ander12391
Level 9
So today after making some changes in my BIOS I noticed a few weird things that I did not notice before.
After clearing CMOS I noticed that upon the next boot when its says " Press F1 to recover bios settings" that pressing F1 doesn't take you into the BIOS but proceeds to boot into Windows. Now once inside Windows it appears that the CMOS clear has worked because my RAM speed is back down to 1333mhz. But if I shut down and go back into the BIOS/UEFI, the XMP setting get re-enabled back to 1600 MHZ. However once inside the BIOS if i hit F5 for restore defaults then XMP will turn off and stay off. Now Im not having any issues inside Windows. Ran MEMTEST 86+ and AIDA 64 all day and no stability issues. Just seems as though the UEFI/BIOS is buggy.
I am currently on BIOS 2801 and I have tried everything from moving the cmos jumper over to pulling the CMOS battery. I have tried the previous UEFI/BIOS versions and no luck .
At this point im not sure what to do.... Im not really having issues inside Windows but it just bugs me that this BIOS behaving this way.
Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

And I have tried a few troubleshooting things like reseating the RAM/CPU. As a said before ran Memtest 86+ single stick at a time and stressed test inside Windows with AIDA 64. Everything passes ASUS Diagnostics and Intel CPU diagnostics.
1 REPLY 1

ander12391
Level 9
Hate to bump my own thread. But the last couple of days I have noticed some more issues with my build. I am unable to load into the BIOS if I have both my mouse and keyboard plugged in. If I just leave one or the other plugged in I can go straight into the BIOS. I have tried everything I can think of. Flashed BIOS, replaced every part except for the CPU. This is happening on my Sabertooth Z97 and Z97-A. I am going to be uploading a video as well so that you guys can better see my issue. But at this point I am at a loss. I dont think it can be the CPU because Its stable on AIDA 64 and It has also passed the Intel CPU diagnostics. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Here is the link the video so you guys can get a better understanding
https://youtu.be/IAXz7AvIUxg