cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROOG STRIX X570-E Gaming - Won't Post/BIOS flashback not working

zurick
Level 7
Greetings,

First new build in 10 years so I apologize if any of this is common knowledge. Here are my specs:

ROG Strix x570-E Gaming Mobo
Ryzen 9 3950x
G.Skill DDR4-3600 Ryzen optimized memory
Corsair Rm850x PSU

I attempted to simply turn the computer on when I was done assembling to see if I could even get to the bios but I couldn't even get the video to show up on the screen. I looked at the board code and it said "05" so I checked the book and of course 05 is skipped/missing. I tried to download the latest BIOS from the asus site and put that on a Fat32 drive but when I try to "press" the flashback button it doesn't depress down. The light is flashing green and if I put a USB inside it just keeps reading the USB every few seconds. I've tried to power it off remove the CPU, reseat. Reseat the memory and all power cables, tried to remove the video card and use on board graphics nothing displays a picture and it never posts as far as I can tell. Anyone help would be appreciated, never had issues with any motherboards in my life but this is my first ASUS.

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

zurick
Level 7
With help from a pair of tweezers and some twisting the button does what it should do now. I tried the BIOS again (renamed "SX570EG.CAP" per the manual) and this time it appeared to work, after about 2 minutes the light went off and the USB activity light went off. When booting I get 42 another not found q code in the manual. I turned off and boot again and its getting 07 "AP initialization after microcode loading"

Took one of the RAM out and tried to swap in-between the two sticks per some other forum posts. I tried to flash the bios again and still same issues. I have no USB devices attached when booting only video cable and power to the PSU. I also have HDMI from the on-board to a monitor and my main graphics card to another monitor never display picture when starting PC. Starting to fear this board is not functioning properly.

Booted once more before posting to see if the code would change now its F9 "Recovery capsule is not found" not able to find much information on this either.

I worked with ASUS support and they advised me to request a new board, sending this back to Amazon.

welp Amazon (who i bought it from) is out of stock so I'm pretty much SOL for the time being, I got it on sale for 280 and I'm currently not seeing any prices lower than 320, they said I can wait for it to come back into stock until Jan 2020, hooray! lol.

9colai
Level 7
Just curious. I don't see you mention any video card. Did you remember to use that?
Because I made that mistake, and ryzen don't have any integrated gpu :-P.

Q codes do also appear under normal conditions.

-edit: never mind, just saw that you mention a GPU on the second Post

9colai wrote:
Just curious. I don't see you mention any video card. Did you remember to use that?
Because I made that mistake, and ryzen don't have any integrated gpu :-P.

Q codes do also appear under normal conditions.

-edit: never mind, just saw that you mention a GPU on the second Post

Appreciate the reply! I ended up figuring out the issue, since Amazon was back ordered on this mobo I noticed BestBuy had a Crosshair Hero VIII available, so I ordered that board up and had the same exact issues as I was having with the X570-E. So i was really scratching my head because its pretty much impossible to get 2 bad motherboards in a row (I'm sure someone has had it happen) So I figured it was between my CPU and Memory and since I had two sticks of RAM (QVL approved G.Skill RAM - F4-3600C18D-32GTZN) the CPU was starting to look like the problem BUT I went to BestBuy anyway and got 2 sticks of Corsair 16 GB - CMT32GX4M2C3200C16 and this ram isn't even optimized or on the QVL per Corsairs website but it didn't care and posted immediately.

9colai
Level 7
Okay, glad to hear that it worked out in the end. It was a good idea to return the x570-e board anyway. It's chipset cooling solution is very poorly designed and you would get problems with 80 degrees Celsius + degrees on the chipset, if you have a gaming GPU