cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha CPU CODE:00 error due to incompatible Memory ?

Frogn00b
Level 7
Hello, first off, I'm a n00b, so please be patient with me.

I just build my second PC (in 15 years) with a ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha MOBO and when I turn in on, first the CPU fan spin for only a split second, and I get the CPU CODE:00 error and then CODE:00. I though it was either the MOBO or the CPU but it's hard to test either since I don't have any spare parts. Trying to find the source of the problem I went over the QVL one more time and realized that I didn't order the right DDR4 rams... I was looking at several MOBOs and there QVls at the time and I think that's where I got confused and order the wrong rams for the wrong board. Anyway, as I said I am a n00b.
My question is, is it possible that an incompatible set of ram cause the CPU CODE:00/CODE:00 error? I would like to know before I buy another set of ram to test the MOBO. Please let me know, and let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in Advance!
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Remove the cooler and CPU whilst checking for any bent socket pins. If ok, reseat and check for even mounting pressure. Be sure to follow the correct procedure for CPU mounting.

You may wish to check that the surrounding cpu/memory motherboard stand off screws are not overtightened.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hello,

Remove the cooler and CPU whilst checking for any bent socket pins. If ok, reseat and check for even mounting pressure. Be sure to follow the correct procedure for CPU mounting.

You may wish to check that the surrounding cpu/memory motherboard stand off screws are not overtightened.

Thank you Silent Scone, for your reply and the video. The interesting thing is that there is not pins on either the pin or the Threadripper processor, They're more like connectors. But yes I checked, and everything seems to be fine. I have reseated the thing a couple of time. I have realeased the screws on the Mobo to make sure they are not overtightened. I will do it again, just to make sure, but I have done all that.
What do you think for the CPU fan not spinning and the none compatible rams? Could they produce that error? Should I buy new ones?
Please let me know. Thank you.