cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) & Intel I225-V Standby issues

hl4040
Level 7
Hello, I have a standby problem with a ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI), Bios 0805, 32GB G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-32GVK, Win10 1809, Ryzen 3600, GTX 970, nothing overclocked. In Bios the APM setting for EUP-Ready (S4+S5) is enabled, rest disabled. In Windows, power wakeup options are disabled for Lan and Wifi controllers, wakeup via Magic package is disabled.

If I put the system into standby (S3), the PC will start up again after 5 seconds in about 50% of the cases.

When I switch the system back on from standby (S3), the following happens:

- the system starts and resets itself immediately, then reboots. Or
- the system starts and after the Windows login you see the desktop for a few seconds, then reset and restart. Or
- the system starts and resets itself immediately, then restarts, Windows boots and makes a reset with restart again. The restart can happen several times until Windows finally finishes booting.

The error log contained entries for the Intel Lan-Controller I225-V (driver version 1.0.1.4), so I deactivated the I225-V in the bios. Since one week the system now behaves perfectly during standby.

How can I use the Lan-Controller AND have a normal standby? Is this a driver problem or is it due to the controller bios?

I have also read about a Gigabyte Z390 board with a similar problem, a firmware update for the I225V controller offered by Gigabyte should have helped there. Is there something similar from Asus?
2 REPLIES 2

hl4040
Level 7
It seems that Bios 1002 solved my problem, which btw. wasn't a problem with the lan controller, but with the RAM.

I overread in the RAM QVL that G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-32GVK was only tested with 4 sockets, but I use only 2. Anyway, with the new bios is seems to be all stable.

celab
Level 7
had simelar issues, but all related to the ram in my case. also updating the bios to version 1002 fixed it all. for testing reasons, plz always run the ram at stock speed. otherwise it can cause so many issues we wouldnt belive ^^. but glad to hear everything is working good for now.
if you go into the device manager, right klick on your network adapter and under options you can disable magic paket. there are also some other options you might wanna have a look at.
also have a look in the windows power settings in advanced mode. there are some little thing you can change to make ryzens live much easier.
Orwell was an optimist