Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING M.2 issue!

Impact
Level 7
Hello guys!

So I was setting up my new computer.
Everything ran smoothly at the start, installed windows found the M.2 SSD straight away. (at bios and windows install)
The M.2 SSD is:
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD
M.2 2280, PCIe 3.0 x4, V-NAND MLC, up to 3400/2300MB/s read/write, 300TBW

Then 30 minutes after just browsing the web on my new computer I get blue screen saying: Critical Process Died
I then rebooted my computer and it wen't straight into BIOS. In the BIOS the ssd was no where to be found.
I tried to reinstall windows using usb but again also the drive list there is empty.
I have:

• BIOS is updated.
  • Tried unplug/replug (it's properly seated)
  • I only got the M.2 SSD, no other ssd, hdd etc connected.
  • Reset the CMOS.
  • Tried to disabled/enable CSM at BIOS.
  • Tried setting secure boot to other OS abd clear secure boot keys

Anyone got an idea for me to fix this or is the ssd dead?
5 REPLIES 5

Erwin05
Level 10
Update device drivers

In most cases, buggy drivers could cause Critical Process Died blue screen of death error. You can try updating all the device drivers to the latest versions to fix it.

There are two ways you can get the right drivers for your video card and monitor: manually or automatically.

Manual driver update – You can update your device drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for both all your devices, and searching for the most recent correct driver for each. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your variant of Windows 10.

Erwin05 wrote:
Update device drivers

In most cases, buggy drivers could cause Critical Process Died blue screen of death error. You can try updating all the device drivers to the latest versions to fix it.

There are two ways you can get the right drivers for your video card and monitor: manually or automatically.

Manual driver update – You can update your device drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for both all your devices, and searching for the most recent correct driver for each. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your variant of Windows 10.

How do you want me to update them, I can't even boot windows 10.
Also I have used all the other parts before so I know they are working. Only new is the MB, CPU and the M.2 SSD.
Did you read my whole post? About not finding the SSD anymore.

CornFlakes
Level 7
If you have another SSD or HDD install windows on it to test if you can access the NVMe from there.

I have the same MoBo and NVMe and doesnt have this problems.

Maybe the NVMe was bad and died.

But your problem is a very "common" one. Just google it, plenty of others having the exact same problem. Maybe Win10 or a bad Driver is the issue

CornFlakes wrote:
If you have another SSD or HDD install windows on it to test if you can access the NVMe from there.

I have the same MoBo and NVMe and doesnt have this problems.

Maybe the NVMe was bad and died.

But your problem is a very "common" one. Just google it, plenty of others having the exact same problem. Maybe Win10 or a bad Driver is the issue

So I used another SSD with windows on it. Could not access the NVMe from there, updated all drivers I could think of but still no luck.

Any other ideas?

Equinox187
Level 7
Updating drivers would not work based on what you said so not sure why they said that, drivers would explain a blue screen or an OS error but drivers no mater how corrupt or old would not stop the drive showing in the bios, last time something similar happened to me I removed the NVMe from the PC and booted just to the bios at this point I set all to default setting and reset the PC then turned of and reinstalled the NVMe and booted back to bios, for me this brought back the drive and it has been working since then, if it does not come back it is probably RMA time.