Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING issues

theprob
Level 7
Hello,

Anyone experienced the following with the mentioned board:

After 6/10 system starts my system don't see the LAN adapter or my mouse at all. I need to restart the system or replug my mouse to solve the issue. I've experienced the mouse connection issue within UEFI too. Furthermore I experiencing further annoying problems, such as random video signal loose (especially when I start a fan calibration within AISuite 3). After that, I can only revive my system with a hardreset.

I tried to reinstall windows/nvidia driver/chipset driver, etc. And of course, I have the latest BIOS version.

Now, I sent back the board to the vendor, because ASUS Support advised that. They will revise it. I hope soo, that they won't evalute that it's just a SW related issue...
1,485 REPLIES 1,485

Hello Everybody,
I have recently upgraded my system to Ryzen 5,
Here is my new Rig,
Asus Strix B350F latest bios Version 0805 AGESA 1.0.0.6a
Ryzen 5 1600X
G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB F4-3200C14D- 16GFX
Asus Strix GTX970
Seasonic X-850 PSU
Windows Version: 1607 (OS Build 14393, 1480)

Problem Description: After windows installation when I am running my PC just fine suddenly display turns of with or without vga error diagnosis led on mobo. Then nothing, it is not restarting on its own. Sometimes pressing power button also not force shutdown the pc. I need to turn it off by wall power switch and after only a complete power off it can be booted again. Now again no problem but sometimes I have received a bios message for setup it again. Switched GPU in a different PCIe lane again same problem after sometime. If I reset my OC profile to default it does not holds good. However I have tried full power off- reset bios- install gpu in 2nd lane then on and test = OK working. Again OCd CPU and after some time during stress test again screen goes blank and nothing can be done.
There is something wrong in windows event viewer, in every core (all 12 logical cores) I have received a Error massage in Windows log>System:
1. "Performance power management features on processor 10 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."
2. "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919} and APPID {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

Update 1: Yesterday I just thought that there might be software issue and started to uninstall some software/driver. Since AM4 Chipset Driver comes with Asus Strix B350F motherboard is 1.4 GB and as per I remember during installation of this chipset driver I have seen Radeon. So I thought that this might be the problem. So uninstalled all AMD software, then uninstalled Nvidia Driver> run DDU> cleaned both AMD driver and Nvidia driver one after another. Started windows again and it is running fine without any graphics driver for almost 1 and half hours. Normally I face this problem after 5 to 15 mins after PC starts.
Update 2: Since I have downloaded the latest Windows 10 iso (founders update) so I decided to clean install windows again. After formatting installed all necessary drivers one by one and then updated windows 10 and others. My pc was on for almost 6.5hrs no problem. This time I have not installed any AMD chipset driver and windows automatically installed them. In device manager not found any unknow device after windows update is complete.
Update 3: Today morning when I switched it on again now again same problem. The display turns off on its own after 5-10 mins and never recovers unless a full wall switch shutdown. but this time onward no VGA light of mobo is glowing seems fine everything but not the display.
I am very sure that it is not a hardware problem. Something in the windows 10 either it's update or some driver is causing this issue. I have posted my problem in some other forums as well but till date not received any solution or something. The problem is very annoying for me specially after spending good amount of money on quality components. Please help & Please please keep me informed if you need any info.
Thanks for reading.
Update 4: Today morning when I switched it on again now again same problem. The display turns off on its own after 5-10 mins and never recovers unless a full wall switch shutdown. but this time onward no VGA light of mobo is glowing seems fine everything but not the display.

I am very sure that it is not a hardware problem. Something in the windows 10 either it's update or some driver is causing this issue. I have posted my problem in some other forums as well but till date not received any solution or something. The problem is very annoying for me specially after spending good amount of money on quality components. Please help & Please please keep me informed if you need any info.Thanks for reading.

But does corsair Link may cause a system freeze with black screen even pc power switch long press not doing anything? And yes I have updated my corsair link to latest version.
Ok my long story short and my final findings are as follows,
1. On day one after I installed all my components I have ensured the cpu is sitting properly before closing the latch. Power on my system of old Windwos 10 ssd and before going to windows I setup bios with with latest Asus 0805 AGESA 1.0.0.6a. That time everything was in pure default and my ram profile was auto at 2400MHz 1.20v.
2. Then clean installed Anniversary edition of Win10 and installed all latest drivers available and windows update (not founders) it is the basic cumulative updates.
3. Started to experiance RAM issue with mobo amber light blinking sometimes as well as VGA error led sometimes the the display turns off.
4. Then I started to play with RAM speed (not timining: it is set by the mobo) and found the situation is much stable if I turn of the default D.O.C.P profile which by default switches on 3200Mhz profile (14 timining as written on the stick 1.35v).
5. Again experianced the problem. Sometimes VGA light is on or the RAM light is on.
6. After few days no error led but display of, PC freeze even power button is not working
7. I downloaded Windows 1703 founders clean iso and installed it fresh. The pc was working fantastic that time for upto 7hrs. Completed all installation and update with asus AISuite III till this time.
8. On next day morning after I woke up and started my pc and the display gone in less than 5 mins. Restarted by switching off UPS. Restarted again same problem and it continued.
9. I have checked it with different bios setting like> default, SMT on/off, LLC Auto/Regular/medium, SoC LLC Auto/Regular, Slight overclocking without changing voltage, Turned CPB off, even tried under-volting my CPU upto -0.03125 offset.
I observed one strange behavior of this system: In default when CPB is on this mobo pushes crazy voltage spikes like 1.52v as shown in the left corner of bios but immediately switches back to 1.21v.
One more thing, If I increase the core ratio say 38 then the voltage automatically increases no matter what I selected in bios. e.g. 38 ratio and core voltage is 1.375(bios) - 0.03125 (offset) but during the stress test HW info and all other programme showing the voltage reaching upto 1.40v on core (LLC of Core and SoC both was regular). But the problem of display is there for every single experiment and it is random.
10. Again clean installed Windows 10 1703 and this time no AISuite, fan controlled by bios, chipset driver of AMD not asus, tested with two different GPU i.e. GTX970 and R9-290 (cleaned driver as well). Nothing fruitful.
11. Also tested the memory with memtest for total of 14 Hours and found Zero issues. Also tested with few of my different PSU cables just to ensure it.

Summary:
This problem is absolute random. Sometimes it takes 5 mins and sometimes 7 hr. But it is there. Nothing to do with overclock, it remains exactly same. Situation improves with 3200Mhz ram clock + R9-290 compared to Auto RAM frequency + GTX970. Found one issue in Prime 95, one worker stopped and returned fatal error, but as per G.Skill tech support it may occur rarely and not a ram problem. Most of the time when it occurs, on the mobo any diagnostic light not glows. When I ac power off the system of course there will be some power in the mobo, now unless it is drained completely, if I switch on the ac power the power button fails to turn on the PC. PC only turns on after the power is drained. But in bios it never ever shows any error or failure or press F1 to config BIOS. But it happens (error and bios set up needed) when the RAM failure occurs with amber mobo led on/blinking but that time, power button works perfectly to switch off the PC (force shut down).
So the problem is too complicated for me.

I have pasted my problem same I have posted in amd forum. I have not found this thread earlier. Sorry for writing too long contents. However I am running hw info as well as corsair link combined in background. Is it causing black screen issue? Because both are posting hardware information to me.

Ryzen 1600 and Corsair LPX 3000Mhz 2x4 Gb

icebloodmen wrote:
Ryzen 1600 and Corsair LPX 3000Mhz 2x4 Gb

Much appreciated. Tried to push further?

AniChatt wrote:
Much appreciated. Tried to push further?

Yes, I was in 3.9, but I do not need

Hello guys, I just bought this motherboard. I put in CPU ram GPU and SSd and try to boot but nothing, it didn't boot, there was only a small orange led slowly blinking on the bottom of the mobo (which appears when I put in the power cable). I try to change slots and other things and the only thing I discovered was that removing the CPU made the mobo "boot": rgb leds went on and the orange led staid on too. Now, is the CPU faulty? Some advice?

Thank you all.

liuka wrote:
Hello guys, I just bought this motherboard. I put in CPU ram GPU and SSd and try to boot but nothing, it didn't boot, there was only a small orange led slowly blinking on the bottom of the mobo (which appears when I put in the power cable). I try to change slots and other things and the only thing I discovered was that removing the CPU made the mobo "boot": rgb leds went on and the orange led staid on too. Now, is the CPU faulty? Some advice?

Thank you all.

I think by "boot" you mean you can see BIOS in the screen becs without cpu it will not boot or you can go to bios that is for sure. make it clear.

1. With cpu have you ever able to go to bios or it is black? I mean pressing the switch the system just comes into life for a second then power off. Is it so then there is two possibility either cpu or mobo is dead. But another possibility is short circuit/faulty psu.
2. Remove your setup and fix it over a non-conductive surface like a test bench and power on it. If not works then check power supply and power connection that it is OK. Just remove and reinstall the cpu and check cpu pins for bend or any damage.
3. RGB glows when there is power in the mobo and nothing to do with booting.

Anyone have any issues with spiking up to like 1.4v-1.5v on idle and stuttering under load on stock settings with the Ryzen 1600x?

BlueHasRyzen wrote:
Anyone have any issues with spiking up to like 1.4v-1.5v on idle and stuttering under load on stock settings with the Ryzen 1600x?

I had noticed the same on my 1600 chip when i was doing the break in period for the new system that at stock speeds when it boosted to 3.6 i would see the same spikes to 1.4v and 1.5v in hardware monitor, Odd thing is when I over clocked to 3.8 and set a plus offset of 0.03750 and now even at 3.8 it never goes over 1.300v even under prime 95 load and i noticed temps came down also, so if you were not planning on OCing your 1600x you could probably put in a tiny + offset to stabilise the voltage so that it does not say go over 1.35 and then stress test with prim 95 and if stable start to put the offset into a - and from what i have seen you can under volt a fair bit. Sames goes for over clocking if you don't mess with the offset voltage will spike constantly to scary highs but the slightest offset stops it.

As for the Stuttering i never got this aside from chrome and netflix causing a stutter in other programs but i never get it in other situations, are you running the latest bios / chipset drivers from the AMD site and running the Ryzen power Plan?