Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING issues

theprob
Level 7
Hello,

Anyone experienced the following with the mentioned board:

After 6/10 system starts my system don't see the LAN adapter or my mouse at all. I need to restart the system or replug my mouse to solve the issue. I've experienced the mouse connection issue within UEFI too. Furthermore I experiencing further annoying problems, such as random video signal loose (especially when I start a fan calibration within AISuite 3). After that, I can only revive my system with a hardreset.

I tried to reinstall windows/nvidia driver/chipset driver, etc. And of course, I have the latest BIOS version.

Now, I sent back the board to the vendor, because ASUS Support advised that. They will revise it. I hope soo, that they won't evalute that it's just a SW related issue...
1,485 REPLIES 1,485

panzlock
Level 12

Anyone know if BIOS updates permit RAM speeds in excess of 3600? Was hoping to upgrade to 32GB of RAM.

RAM module model number: F4-3600C18D-32GTZR

I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

Hello panzlock,

It probably won't work, max supported frequency is 3200MHz.

Thanks, Nate.

Saw that already but thought it ight be outdated. 

Increasing RAM capacity to 32GB and figured might as well increase the frequency. Saw two deals at Canada Computers for G.Skill Trident Z pairs, one at 3200 MT/s and the other at 3600 MT/s. Both cost $119.99 so might as well get the faster kit and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

You can always tighten the timings at the maximum speed you can get the board stable at.

panzlock
Level 12

Anyone upgraded to an R7 5700X, 5800X or R9 5900X on the B350-F? I'd like some feedback before I make the attempt. Was hoping to upgrade my daughters PC for Christmas and am considering the 5900X for future proofing, which yields good gaming as well as productivity performance and was hoping someone could share some experiences of this particular CPU on the B350-F so I don't have to upgrade the MB just yet.

Thank you.

A bit late but i have upgraded past week from 2600X to 5700X no problems at all, working as expected even comparing benchmarks scores online and playing games at stock settings its the same as running any other am4 board.

The only "problem" if you like to call it that way is that first gen am4 boards are not good at running high speed ddr4 ram so aim for a safe 3200mhz speed (which is the max this board support at QLV memory list).

So yeah, should be fine as long you have sufficient cooling go for it.