Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING issues

theprob
Level 7
Hello,

Anyone experienced the following with the mentioned board:

After 6/10 system starts my system don't see the LAN adapter or my mouse at all. I need to restart the system or replug my mouse to solve the issue. I've experienced the mouse connection issue within UEFI too. Furthermore I experiencing further annoying problems, such as random video signal loose (especially when I start a fan calibration within AISuite 3). After that, I can only revive my system with a hardreset.

I tried to reinstall windows/nvidia driver/chipset driver, etc. And of course, I have the latest BIOS version.

Now, I sent back the board to the vendor, because ASUS Support advised that. They will revise it. I hope soo, that they won't evalute that it's just a SW related issue...
1,485 REPLIES 1,485

Equinox187 wrote:
Probably not for along time i see they just pushed out a new beta bios today, 6042 Agesa V2 PI 1.2.0.7. I am tempted to try it but do not want to brick my board with beta lol .

Flashed mine, and seems alright so far. Haven't gone and put Windows 11 on it yet, no sign of stutters in Windows 10 (i'd get some while playing audio) at least. I've flashed BIOS so many times in my life, I just go for it, even with it saying beta on it.

Just be sensible about flashing, don't do it during really bad weather, don't power your machine off. Use EZFlash in the bios and either load the file from your hard drive or a known good USB

If you're really nervous check out the bios recovery procedure first https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1277451/Asus-Rog-Strix-B350-F-Gaming.html?page=70

gdp77 wrote:
When will this become "stable" and not "beta" ?

Presumably it's beta because they just want to get the new AGESA out there as soon as possible and see if it fixes the fTPM issue for everyone.

gdp77
Level 8
new agesa is for ryzen 5xxx support. I am planning to upgrade to a 5800X but waiting for the latest BIOS to become "stable" so Asus officially supports zen 3 cpus...

gdp77 wrote:
new agesa is for ryzen 5xxx support. I am planning to upgrade to a 5800X but waiting for the latest BIOS to become "stable" so Asus officially supports zen 3 cpus...

The 5800x works already. AGESA 1207 just adds support for the 5500/5600g APUs

Also "official" support means little on a Motherboard that's 4ish years old and well out of warranty

masou007 wrote:

Also "official" support means little on a Motherboard that's 4ish years old and well out of warranty

1) I know that 5800X "works". My question is why Asus won't officially admit it in the cpu compatibility list ....

2) Maybe the board is 4 years old and out of warranty but please take a look at some screenshots from a random competitor's board:

Gigabyte's B350 boards support 5xxx with no "beta" BIOS and the 5xxx CPUs are referenced properly in the cpu support list.

That's what I am waiting from Asus, who BTW is charging premium prices over their competitors.

That's the after sales support I expect in order to decide whether my NEXT board (maybe AM5) will also be an ASUS

gdp77 wrote:
1) I know that 5800X "works". My question is why Asus won't officially admit it in the cpu compatibility list ....

2) Maybe the board is 4 years old and out of warranty but please take a look at some screenshots from a random competitor's board:

Gigabyte's B350 boards support 5xxx with no "beta" BIOS and the 5xxx CPUs are referenced properly in the cpu support list.

That's what I am waiting from Asus, who BTW is charging premium prices over their competitors.

That's the after sales support I expect in order to decide whether my NEXT board (maybe AM5) will also be an ASUS

I wouldn't get hung up on ASUS compatibility lists, the RAM one is notoriously outdated.

Speaking from past experience (and having seen the reviews for the Gigabyte B350 boards at the time), I'd take an Asus "Beta" over a Gigabyte "Release" any day. That's just me though. (still happily running a 5600x on a B350-F since 6026 beta)

masou007 wrote:
I wouldn't get hung up on ASUS compatibility lists, the RAM one is notoriously outdated.

Speaking from past experience (and having seen the reviews for the Gigabyte B350 boards at the time), I'd take an Asus "Beta" over a Gigabyte "Release" any day. That's just me though. (still happily running a 5600x on a B350-F since 6026 beta)

Indeed my last memory was on the list as compatable to 3200 but i never could get it stable past 2890 or wha ever that strange number is, by my new ram i took a chance on was not on the list at all and it is rock solid at 3200 and probably. past that but not tried, new ram is KLEVV BOLT X 32GB kit (16GB x2) 3600 MHz

masou007 wrote:

Where did you get the information that AGESA 1.2.0.7 BIOS update supports Ryzen 5 5600G ? I'd love to use Ryzen 7 5700G but I can't find any information regarding the support Cezanne APUs or even older Renoir APUs.

I've found only this ... the whole discussion is missing any confirmation about APU Cezanne support. The information in the article is rather misleading (for me) as it mentions APU Cezanne but in the list of newly supported processors is none.

Ryzen SMU Checker utility don't help me as I was not able to find what is the meaning of its displayed information. In this case: Cezanne 5xx0G APU > 64.61

peliculiar wrote:
Where did you get the information that AGESA 1.2.0.7 BIOS update supports Ryzen 5 5600G ? I'd love to use Ryzen 7 5700G but I can't find any information regarding the support Cezanne APUs or even older Renoir APUs.

I've found only this ... the whole discussion is missing any confirmation about APU Cezanne support. The information in the article is rather misleading (for me) as it mentions APU Cezanne but in the list of newly supported processors is none.

Ryzen SMU Checker utility don't help me as I was not able to find what is the meaning of its displayed information. In this case: Cezanne 5xx0G APU > 64.61

Near the top of that Reddit thread just under the photo, the text says:

ASUS is following up its recent mass release of AGESA 1.2.0.6 with the latest AMD AGESA 1.2.0.7 Prior AGESA already enabled support for the latest AMD Ryzen series CPUS. This release also incorporates

*300 series chipset support for Cezanne APUs

*Resolution to random stuttering caused by enabling fTPM

As far as the new cpu list mentioning Cezanne, it does mention the Ryzen 5500 which is actually a cut down 5600g not 5600x.

masou007
Level 7
It appears that BIOS 6042 is no longer beta, for those that were concerned about using a beta: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b350-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios