Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING issues

theprob
Level 7
Hello,

Anyone experienced the following with the mentioned board:

After 6/10 system starts my system don't see the LAN adapter or my mouse at all. I need to restart the system or replug my mouse to solve the issue. I've experienced the mouse connection issue within UEFI too. Furthermore I experiencing further annoying problems, such as random video signal loose (especially when I start a fan calibration within AISuite 3). After that, I can only revive my system with a hardreset.

I tried to reinstall windows/nvidia driver/chipset driver, etc. And of course, I have the latest BIOS version.

Now, I sent back the board to the vendor, because ASUS Support advised that. They will revise it. I hope soo, that they won't evalute that it's just a SW related issue...
1,485 REPLIES 1,485

at41man wrote:
Hello everyone new member here.. 😄

Not really new with Asus's ROG lineup (use it since 2014) and I have this motherboard for around 2 years now.
But lately I detect some issue with time sync. in the BIOS, seconds do not tick normally. But in Windows it seems normal. But after a while, the time will jump ahead. (It can jump to half hour, even one day ahead, especially after I turn Off my computer.)

For details, please see this video:

https://youtu.be/CNuu2eQIYsU

My system specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Asus B350-F STRIX Gaming
16 GB DDR4 (2x8GB kit) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 XMP
Asus STRIX Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ~ Default Clock
Samsung SSD 850 Evo 3 - 500GB
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - 1909

Anyone have any advice how to solve this problem? Anyone have same issue?
Thank you very much.

you can start with the bios battery, replace it with a new one and see if does the same...and maybe try updating the bios

Fredy M wrote:
you can start with the bios battery, replace it with a new one and see if does the same...and maybe try updating the bios

Hello thank you for the reply.
I already done it, and the problem still persist.
in my video, I already did this:
1. Update BIOS to latest (ver. 5220)
2. Replace BIOS Battery with new one
3. Set factory defaults settings (disable OC)
4. Install Clean Windows
5. Create task scheduler (force sync time)
6. Change the OS to Linux Mint

Is there anything Ieft to do?

at41man wrote:
Hello thank you for the reply.
I already done it, and the problem still persist.
in my video, I already did this:
1. Update BIOS to latest (ver. 5220)
2. Replace BIOS Battery with new one
3. Set factory defaults settings (disable OC)
4. Install Clean Windows
5. Create task scheduler (force sync time)
6. Change the OS to Linux Mint

Is there anything Ieft to do?

...my guess is that there is something wrong with the board on a hardware/bios level...you should reach out to Asus, ask them, and if they can`t help then the best course of action is to RMA the board.
If you have access to another cpu, you could give that a try also, but I doubt that will change anything. I googled a bit and on a very old post someone suggested to power up the board without the cpu and then reseat the cpu and see if that fixed it.
anyways, I think you should RMA the board
best of luck

Hello sir, update here. already reach asus to RMA the board. they test with Ryzen 5 3400G and 4GB RAM (G.Skill 2133 MHz)
the clock ticking normally.

is my CPU (Ryzen 5 2600) or RAM is faulty one? (already RMA the Corsair RAM)
Or is this some RTC bug? Clock skewed and etc. found some article about it at tomshardware. AMD BUG

please advice. anyone have this problem?
How to solve this?

Fredy M wrote:
...my guess is that there is something wrong with the board on a hardware/bios level...you should reach out to Asus, ask them, and if they can`t help then the best course of action is to RMA the board.
If you have access to another cpu, you could give that a try also, but I doubt that will change anything. I googled a bit and on a very old post someone suggested to power up the board without the cpu and then reseat the cpu and see if that fixed it.
anyways, I think you should RMA the board
best of luck

Looks like ASUS put bios updates (with the latest AGESA) for a bunch of boards (A320/B350/X370): https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/i1dkzp/new_uefi_bios_updates_for_asus_amd_motherboards/

And yet again, the B350-F gets left out. I don't get why the ASUS bios guys like to forget about it.

masou007 wrote:
Looks like ASUS put bios updates (with the latest AGESA) for a bunch of boards (A320/B350/X370): https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/i1dkzp/new_uefi_bios_updates_for_asus_amd_motherboards/

And yet again, the B350-F gets left out. I don't get why the ASUS bios guys like to forget about it.

Asus released bios.

2020/08/1010.14 MBytes
ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING BIOS 5603
"Improve system performance
Improve DRAM stability
Improve system stability
Improve system compatibility
Fixed AI suite 3 issue
Update AM4 AGESA to 1006
Fixed HDMI and DP sound issue"

Ixaren wrote:
Asus released bios.

Thank you, made me look harder. It's on the US site, but not Canada for some reason

icebloodmen
Level 7
No sound,in this motherboard after update new version windows 10
Realteck - 6.0.1.8666

icebloodmen wrote:
No sound,in this motherboard after update new version windows 10
Realteck - 6.0.1.8666

I have the same driver and it works fine with the latest version of win 10 for me, however by chance do you have a Nvidia card? Reason i ask is i have noticed that sometimes the Nvidia sound output will get set as default for sound and override the motherboard sound, uoi can go into sound pref and change it or do as i do and go into device manager and disable the nvidia sound

Equinox187 wrote:
I have the same driver and it works fine with the latest version of win 10 for me, however by chance do you have a Nvidia card? Reason i ask is i have noticed that sometimes the Nvidia sound output will get set as default for sound and override the motherboard sound, uoi can go into sound pref and change it or do as i do and go into device manager and disable the nvidia sound

Not work for me...Thanks!