Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING issues

theprob
Level 7
Hello,

Anyone experienced the following with the mentioned board:

After 6/10 system starts my system don't see the LAN adapter or my mouse at all. I need to restart the system or replug my mouse to solve the issue. I've experienced the mouse connection issue within UEFI too. Furthermore I experiencing further annoying problems, such as random video signal loose (especially when I start a fan calibration within AISuite 3). After that, I can only revive my system with a hardreset.

I tried to reinstall windows/nvidia driver/chipset driver, etc. And of course, I have the latest BIOS version.

Now, I sent back the board to the vendor, because ASUS Support advised that. They will revise it. I hope soo, that they won't evalute that it's just a SW related issue...
1,485 REPLIES 1,485

So after 4 days of bsod and tweaks and errors again and again and again i think i finally found a solution for running the ram at 3200mhz speed with no error.
I only used the D.O.C.P Profile , Gear Down Mode and Power Down Mode - both Disabled and ProcODT_SM 48ohm dunno if it makes a difference but i have Core Performance Boost to Disabled - BIOS version 4011.
Anyway guys i hope this helps someone previously i couldn't go above 3000mhz without bsod.

maikrosoft
Level 7
I no longer use the ASUS drivers and crappy software like sonic studio. Bugs, bugs always bugs.
For me a modded realtekdriver is the way to go.
Good sound, no crashes or stuttering anymore.
If u wanna try: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/the-ultimate-realtek-hd-audio-driver-mod-for-windows-10.2...

DarkHoundOne
Level 7
Can't seem to change the amplification level with the newer drivers, rolled back to the 4/12 release because my DT 770 Pro's don't get loud enough with the latest ones. Also, there are no nahimic services that are running while using the non-uwp version of sonic suite.

jamith
Level 7
Guys I need help, I installed the latest update of the audio driver (Version 6.0.1.8496) because I was also facing the issue with the nahimic service, and my audio stopped working, I tried to reintall the driver but nothing, so I reinstalled the latest windows 10 1809, the version of november, installed the chipset Version 5.12.0.38 and then the audio but nothing, on the device manager does not appear any realtek device, also any uknown device.

I installed the chipset and the audio using the asussetup file in both. What I'm missing?

jamith wrote:
Guys I need help, I installed the latest update of the audio driver (Version 6.0.1.8496) because I was also facing the issue with the nahimic service, and my audio stopped working, I tried to reintall the driver but nothing, so I reinstalled the latest windows 10 1809, the version of november, installed the chipset Version 5.12.0.38 and then the audio but nothing, on the device manager does not appear any realtek device, also any uknown device.

I installed the chipset and the audio using the asussetup file in both. What I'm missing?

there are so many things that can be causing this but for starters you can unplug then plug back in the audio jack or whatever you use for audio and see if that works, if not, well...start from scratch, reinstall windows again, now you should check if your audio device shows up in device manager, if not then check if it is disabled in bios, after that you can go to amd`s website and download the latest chipset driver from there, then reinstall the audio driver using the setup.exe file and other drivers that you need...hope it helps

if you resolved the issue in the meantime, sorry for the late response

Any advice on upgrading my RAM guys? Currently I have 32GB of 2133 -> THIS STUFF

I didn't buy it with Ryzen in mind, sorta bought 1 stick a month when RAM was dirt cheap. I was thinking I can move it to my sisters PC which is older and buy newer RAM for my B350-F / Ryzen 1700 3.8 OC.

Anyones experience is it worthwhile or no?

waitandhope123 wrote:
Any advice on upgrading my RAM guys? Currently I have 32GB of 2133 -> THIS STUFF

I didn't buy it with Ryzen in mind, sorta bought 1 stick a month when RAM was dirt cheap. I was thinking I can move it to my sisters PC which is older and buy newer RAM for my B350-F / Ryzen 1700 3.8 OC.

Anyones experience is it worthwhile or no?

if you want to get another 32 Gb kit you will spend quite a bit on it right now unless you sell the ram you have already, as for is it worth it or not it depend on your needs, but as you probably know ryzen works better with fast ram so if you can get a 3000 or 3200 kit for a resonable price my opinion is go for it...for a specific brand your best bet for 3000 and above are samsung b-die kits from gskill and corsair which are more expensive but in theory should work without problems, or you could overclock the ram you have and see if you`re happy with that.
I have a corsair lpx 3000 8 Gb kit set @3200 and plan to change it for a 16 Gb one with same specs

Hi guys , i´m new to the forum. I´d like to explain my lack of judgement when "upgrading" from BIOS 3401 to 4024, which wasn't a smart move since i had zero issues with 3401.
Now i cant get my ram to work properly at 3000 Mhz, and any game crashes in 5 minutes of less.
I managed to downgrade to 3803 but that´s the lowest the board let´s me go and i can only use the ram at 2866 Mhz.
I tried installing the 3401 but it tells me "not a proper BIOS file".
But i have seen a few here on this thread claiming to revert back to 3401, can it be done on an Asus motherboard!?
Read somewhere you can only downgrade to 3805.
I already found online shops selling the BIOS chip for 15 to 20 bucks, but i really didn't want to go around messing with the motherboard unless it´s the only way.
Thanks in advance.

Specs:

Asus B350 F Strix ROG Motherboard
Ryzen 1600 Processor
16 Gb of G.Skill Ripjaws V CL15 Ram
RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ 8 gb (the blue one)
650 Silver rated LC-Power PSU.
And a standard Seagate 1Tb Hard drive.

Stalker79 wrote:
Hi guys , i´m new to the forum. I´d like to explain my lack of judgement when "upgrading" from BIOS 3401 to 4024, which wasn't a smart move since i had zero issues with 3401.
Now i cant get my ram to work properly at 3000 Mhz, and any game crashes in 5 minutes of less.
I managed to downgrade to 3803 but that´s the lowest the board let´s me go and i can only use the ram at 2866 Mhz.
I tried installing the 3401 but it tells me "not a proper BIOS file".
But i have seen a few here on this thread claiming to revert back to 3401, can it be done on an Asus motherboard!?
Read somewhere you can only downgrade to 3805.
I already found online shops selling the BIOS chip for 15 to 20 bucks, but i really didn't want to go around messing with the motherboard unless it´s the only way.
Thanks in advance.

Specs:

Asus B350 F Strix ROG Motherboard
Ryzen 1600 Processor
16 Gb of G.Skill Ripjaws V CL15 Ram
RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ 8 gb (the blue one)
650 Silver rated LC-Power PSU.
And a standard Seagate 1Tb Hard drive.

Just logged in to the site to confirm that I had the same issues as you. Fine with 3401, G Skill Flare X running 3200mhz CL14 with DOCP. Updated all the way to 3803 a while ago, was a mess! BSOD after BSOD.

Used the guide posted here for Rolling back to 3401. Worked like a charm. Back to 3200mhz on the ram and Ryzen 1700 @ 4.00ghz with 1.34v, medium LLC. Average voltage 1.356 during gaming, max v just sometimes as a spark to 1.395v, guess to maintain stability. Happy Days. Still thinking of switching to x470...

maikrosoft
Level 7
Try BIOS 4024. Use D.O.C.P. standard and not D.O.C.P.