Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING issues

theprob
Level 7
Hello,

Anyone experienced the following with the mentioned board:

After 6/10 system starts my system don't see the LAN adapter or my mouse at all. I need to restart the system or replug my mouse to solve the issue. I've experienced the mouse connection issue within UEFI too. Furthermore I experiencing further annoying problems, such as random video signal loose (especially when I start a fan calibration within AISuite 3). After that, I can only revive my system with a hardreset.

I tried to reinstall windows/nvidia driver/chipset driver, etc. And of course, I have the latest BIOS version.

Now, I sent back the board to the vendor, because ASUS Support advised that. They will revise it. I hope soo, that they won't evalute that it's just a SW related issue...
1,485 REPLIES 1,485

guys...be carefull when installing the latest audio driver v 6.0.1.8496 for this board...in my case something(didn`t bother to check what exactly but it definitely has something to do with the audio driver installation) creates a dump file every few seconds in the temp folder and I can`t copy/paste anything (it only pastes the .dmp file location)...went back to the same driver version but for the Z390-E and everything is back to normal...

Fredy M wrote:
guys...be carefull when installing the latest audio driver v 6.0.1.8496 for this board...in my case something(didn`t bother to check what exactly but it definitely has something to do with the audio driver installation) creates a dump file every few seconds in the temp folder and I can`t copy/paste anything (it only pastes the .dmp file location)...went back to the same driver version but for the Z390-E and everything is back to normal...

Posted about this issue a week ago give or take, I had the same issue and it ended up being the nahimic component of the audio drivers that is in the new version, it randomly started crashing and i could see it in the task manager starting up and closing instantly causing cpu spikes and the dump file location in the clip board, I found simply disabling the nahimic services resolved the issue, some time has passed and all is well with no ill effects from disabling nahimic so not sure what it even does or why it is there.

On a side note i see yet again the lan driver is broken, the installer does not work and when you manually look for the driver windows reports that no compatible driver exists.

asus keeps posting lan drivers almost every month......

but they are still they same version as before. always dated 10/10/2017

I override the drivers and install the 5/7/2018 drivers.

but still why the hell they keep posting the same drivers...........

Equinox187 wrote:
Posted about this issue a week ago give or take, I had the same issue and it ended up being the nahimic component of the audio drivers that is in the new version, it randomly started crashing and i could see it in the task manager starting up and closing instantly causing cpu spikes and the dump file location in the clip board, I found simply disabling the nahimic services resolved the issue, some time has passed and all is well with no ill effects from disabling nahimic so not sure what it even does or why it is there.

On a side note i see yet again the lan driver is broken, the installer does not work and when you manually look for the driver windows reports that no compatible driver exists.

I believe that audio fx through uwp sonic studio depend on nahimic services.
if you end the services completely sonic studio hangs when launching

wow asus release alot of software on the 14th

Equinox187 wrote:

@Equinox187 yea, you had the problem on the previous driver and for me that one worked ok-ish, with the "minor" problem with utorrent but I had it on the latest version with the same symtoms...as for the lan driver, that is just the latest windows basic driver, no installer, no nothing, if you want the latest go to intel`s site and get it from there...

@ds1this yep, you are right, disabling the nahimic services stops the sonic studio app from running

as for my "port" from the strix Z390-E, so far the audio driver (v 6.0.1.8496) works very good, no .dmp files, no weird issues with the nahimic services and @DarkHoundOne the amplification level can be changed

Fredy M wrote:
@Equinox187 yea, you had the problem on the previous driver and for me that one worked ok-ish, with the "minor" problem with utorrent but I had it on the latest version with the same symtoms...as for the lan driver, that is just the latest windows basic driver, no installer, no nothing, if you want the latest go to intel`s site and get it from there...

@ds1this yep, you are right, disabling the nahimic services stops the sonic studio app from running

as for my "port" from the strix Z390-E, so far the audio driver (v 6.0.1.8496) works very good, no .dmp files, no weird issues with the nahimic services and @DarkHoundOne the amplification level can be changed

I have the same issue with the old and new driver, did know it stopped Sonic studio but then i never use that and have it disabled anyway.

Fredy M wrote:
@DarkHoundOne the amplification level can be changed

Where do I change it from?

DarkHoundOne wrote:
Where do I change it from?

from here ...hope it helps

Fredy M wrote:
from here ...hope it helps

Cheers mate, I had completely forgotten about the third UWP App besides Sonic Studio and Radar because I disabled notifications and popups from it, will try it out once I get home.

Fredy M wrote:

Equinox187 wrote:

I'm amazed to read this because it happend to me LOL I just reinstalled Windows but figured it might be that since I was fooling around with the UAD Nahimic drivers when it began to occur. Weird!