Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING issues

theprob
Level 7
Hello,

Anyone experienced the following with the mentioned board:

After 6/10 system starts my system don't see the LAN adapter or my mouse at all. I need to restart the system or replug my mouse to solve the issue. I've experienced the mouse connection issue within UEFI too. Furthermore I experiencing further annoying problems, such as random video signal loose (especially when I start a fan calibration within AISuite 3). After that, I can only revive my system with a hardreset.

I tried to reinstall windows/nvidia driver/chipset driver, etc. And of course, I have the latest BIOS version.

Now, I sent back the board to the vendor, because ASUS Support advised that. They will revise it. I hope soo, that they won't evalute that it's just a SW related issue...
1,485 REPLIES 1,485

celab
Level 7
thx asus ! 4024 bios is out ! im on it ^^

Improve system performance

nothing about memory hmm i will try my flarex3200/14 and see how it goes
Orwell was an optimist

maikrosoft
Level 7
My games again crashing randomly with 4024, so i`m back to3401.

raven77uk
Level 10
Well this new bios has helped me get my ram stable at 3200Mhz, there is a new setting called D.O.C.P standard, before it was just D.O.C.P.

raven77uk wrote:
Well this new bios has helped me get my ram stable at 3200Mhz, there is a new setting called D.O.C.P standard, before it was just D.O.C.P.

Yes, there are two options

Just want to say that the new 4024 BIOS has finally fixed the 1.55GHz bug and I can normally overclock the CPU! :eek:

panzlock
Level 12
New problem for me. Recently, the rig lost monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc... connectivity but the PC remained functional. All the lights on the MB were on, fans spinning and so on. I thought maybe the PSU was going, but then I tried to shut it down with the power button. Held it for a good minute but the PC stubbornly kept its motor running. Had to disengage the PSU for it to return to dormancy.

Happened once whilst gaming, and then about an hour later just watching a film and internet browsing. Seems like a motherboard issue.

What am I looking at, here? Faulty MB, BIOS issue? Anyone else have a similar experience?

EDIT: Oh yeah. Specs:

ASUS B350-F Gaming
Ryzen 1700
G.Skill Trident Z 3200 C16
Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 56
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2
Samsung 850 EVO
Windows 10 Pro (Latest update)
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
New problem for me. Recently, the rig lost monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc... connectivity but the PC remained functional. All the lights on the MB were on, fans spinning and so on. I thought maybe the PSU was going, but then I tried to shut it down with the power button. Held it for a good minute but the PC stubbornly kept its motor running. Had to disengage the PSU for it to return to dormancy.

Happened once whilst gaming, and then about an hour later just watching a film and internet browsing. Seems like a motherboard issue.

What am I looking at, here? Faulty MB, BIOS issue? Anyone else have a similar experience?

EDIT: Oh yeah. Specs:

ASUS B350-F Gaming
Ryzen 1700
G.Skill Trident Z 3200 C16
Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 56
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2
Samsung 850 EVO
Windows 10 Pro (Latest update)

I confirm the same issue

Asus Rog b350-f
2700x
Crucial Balistix 3000 mhz

i have already contacted support and that what i got from Asus rep !

Thank you for contacting ASUS product support. My name is J**** and it is my pleasure to continue where you left off.

I appreciate you taking the time to update me. I apologize if the initial steps did not resolve the issue. I want to assure you that we will continue to assist you in gaining a resolution.

I have revisited the symptoms you have been experiencing and there are additional steps that can be taken to address and find the root cause of this concern.
Remove new Hardware, Remove any USB disks/external devices
Check if the PSU is in the right region: USA/Canada:120V.
Change power supply
Ensure that the memory and CPU model are compatible by checking the QVL on our support site. You can find this under the support tab of the motherboard’s page. If it is memory not in our QVL,manual change memory timing and frequency in BIOS and check it will POST. Check memory module with MemTest86
Re-seat every component in the computer, including the 24 pin and 4/8 power cords. [8/4pin must be installed for system to boot]
Replace the video connection cables.
Check all fans are connected, especially CPU fans. If it is not connected, the CPU will overheat and motherboard will not POST
Replace the CMOS battery
Update BIOS if there is BIOS flashback
Check the LED lights on the motherboard. Usually, one will light up indicating that a component is not working, such as CPU, memory and memory slots, HDD etc. If the motherboard has a speaker, listen for beeps, or, if the unit has Q-code LED poster, check code error. Refer to motherboard manual for Q-code meanings, while the audible code meanings can be found below.
Check to see if the processor has any bent CPU pins or bent pins on the CPU socket. Replace CPU
Test with very minimum components:
​Components: CPU, PSU with keyboard/mice
​Test for POST
​If turns on/POST with code 53/55, install memory and test again
​If no POST
​Replace CPU
Replace PSU
If still no POST with new CPU/PSU, Go to step 20 (RMA the motherboard)
Take the motherboard out of the computer case and put the unit on a computer test bench, reinstall only the essential components, such as one RAM chip, CPU, PSU, and if needed, a display card, and then turn on the computer.
Disconnect all expansion cards if all steps above do not work
Loose BIOS chip, please make sure BIOS chip is installed properly
Replace the PSU, display card, and memory with working parts.
Feel free to reach out to me for any other concerns I may be able to address for you. Thank you for choosing ASUS. Your case number is: ******.

Regards,
ASUS Product Support
http://www.asus.com/us/support/

kareemf911 wrote:
I confirm the same issue

Hell of a coincidence if you and I both have either a bent CPU pin, faulty PSU, incompatible RAM (mine is not on QVL but come on!!!), faulty memory, etc... It's the MB. Is there going to be a recall on this......piece of...thing??? Christ, VW sent me a recall letter about a headlight being off by 1 degree.

Which BIOS are you on? I'm on 4011.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
Hell of a coincidence if you and I both have either a bent CPU pin, faulty PSU, incompatible RAM (mine is not on QVL but come on!!!), faulty memory, etc... It's the MB. Is there going to be a recall on this......piece of...thing??? Christ, VW sent me a recall letter about a headlight being off by 1 degree.

Which BIOS are you on? I'm on 4011.

I was in 4011 then updated to 4024 same issue randomly happens, and i confirm that there is no bent bins in the cpu , and my psu worked as charm on my previous reg for 1 year . i think something software as event viewer getting some errors before screen go off and all loghts ,fans , mobo rgb are on . Power switch dont respond , must pull out the power cable from psu

kareemf911 wrote:
I was in 4011 then updated to 4024 same issue randomly happens, and i confirm that there is no bent bins in the cpu , and my psu worked as charm on my previous reg for 1 year . i think something software as event viewer getting some errors before screen go off and all loghts ,fans , mobo rgb are on . Power switch dont respond , must pull out the power cable from psu

Are you guys by any chance running "HWiNFO" and "Dual Intelligent Processors 5" at the same time? I had the exact same behaviour ages ago, and when I stopped using "HWiNFO" the symptoms disappeared.