Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING issues

theprob
Level 7
Hello,

Anyone experienced the following with the mentioned board:

After 6/10 system starts my system don't see the LAN adapter or my mouse at all. I need to restart the system or replug my mouse to solve the issue. I've experienced the mouse connection issue within UEFI too. Furthermore I experiencing further annoying problems, such as random video signal loose (especially when I start a fan calibration within AISuite 3). After that, I can only revive my system with a hardreset.

I tried to reinstall windows/nvidia driver/chipset driver, etc. And of course, I have the latest BIOS version.

Now, I sent back the board to the vendor, because ASUS Support advised that. They will revise it. I hope soo, that they won't evalute that it's just a SW related issue...
1,485 REPLIES 1,485

I tend to get this cold boot usuaally when it is literally cooler in ambient temps. Any getting this issue? Weirdly the usb controller have no problems getting detected. Always only kb and mouse not detected

HyperSquirrels wrote:
The problem you described when it comes to the CPU throttling is the EXACT same problem I am having. I am manually OCing form the BIOS, I do have the latest W10 and I'm using AMD's power profile. I will try this fix when I get home.

When it comes to the RGB issue I have made sure it was plugged in properly to the MB. Whats strange is when I run the Aura calibration and it asks me what color is showing when it gets to blue it just doesn't show, its black. Now when I was first installing this motherboard I realized there were two RBG inputs on the motherboard. My CPU was already hooked up to the one closest to the top. I have a Phanteks LED strip and I know the board came with an adapter so I thought I'd hook up the strip to the second RBG thats located at the bottom. So I hooked the adapter up and then proceeded to plug the Phanteks LED strip into the motherboard with the computer still on...yeah, I know. I heard a loud pop and smoke started coming from the bottom of the board. I couldn't see where exactly but in the general area where the second RGB input is. I immediately turned off the computer and unplugged the LED strip. I think, and I'm about 90% sure that my CPU RGB light was working prior to this incident. Can I have damage the board? By plugging that strip into the bottom RGB and causing that smoke could it directly affect the other RGB input where my CPU is plugged into?

I have about 3 days left before I can't return this board to the store. I am thinking about pulling it and exchanging it for another. Should I just do that to make sure I have a brand new board that isn't potentially messed up?

So I have a simple solution for you, RUSH TO THE SELLER AND REPLACE THE MOBO AS SOON AS YOU CAN.
Want to know that the led strip you are talking about is 12v or 5v? pls check it with spec because it will cause damage to the header/strip permanently. You need a 5050 12v led strip on those headers. Don't mess with nzxt hue kits as these are all 5v and it will burn again. It seems Aura calibration is not a issue it is you header. Just replace asap.

Serve18 wrote:
Bios 3203 is out ..agesa 1071
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Is there any typo? Not showing any recent bios in the website.

Serve18 wrote:
Bios 3203 is out ..agesa 1071
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Has anyone tried this new bios as it always concerns me when a new bios is out less than a month after the last and there is such a leap in the version number.

Equinox187 wrote:
Has anyone tried this new bios as it always concerns me when a new bios is out less than a month after the last and there is such a leap in the version number.

Yep, I have. Seems more stable although I have not tried to repeatedly reboot my PC to see if it would let me in the BIOS I did try a few OC tweaks and had to go back into the BIOS a few times and I was able to get into it without much of an issue. One thing I did notice is that the voltage on my CPU seems to have stabilized whereas before it was running at 1.38 - 1.4 on average without any offsetting whatsoever. Now it is running the normal 1.25 - 1.3 and I actually had to offset + to get my normal 3.8ghz OC going.

my memory latency went from 78 to 84 with the new bios in the aida64 cache and memory test , and i still cant have an stable system with my geil evo x memory at 3200mhz so still stuck at 3066 either than that increase in latency i dont notice any difference with this bios ,
and one more thing i wanted to downgrade my bios to 1001 but i couldnt and got some message like your bios file isnt correct .

I have had this motherboard for just over a week. You can see my posts on here:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96640-AURA-v1-05-25-Report-all-issues-in-this-thread&p=687...

and a thread I started over at tenforums:
https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/97953-black-screen-sleep-immediately-upto-15-minute...

It has been challenging, but hopefully my pains and the fixes I have come to find will help others.

Now my question is this: is anyone else running a NZXT Kraken x52 on their board? How/where did you plug the AIO pump connection onto the motherboard? What BIOS settings did you change? Just curious. At the moment, I have the pump plugged into the CPU Fan header or else the system wont start because it doesnt detect a CPU HSF being used. Which isnt a big issue, but it makes the AIO header pointless.

sethiol wrote:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96640-AURA-v1-05-25-Report-all-issues-in-this-thread&p=687...

https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/97953-black-screen-sleep-immediately-upto-15-minute...

It has been challenging, but hopefully my pains and the fixes I have come to find will help others.

Now my question is this: is anyone else running a NZXT Kraken x52 on their board? How/where did you plug the AIO pump connection onto the motherboard? What BIOS settings did you change? Just curious. At the moment, I have the pump plugged into the CPU Fan header or else the system wont start because it doesnt detect a CPU HSF being used. Which isnt a big issue, but it makes the AIO header pointless.

It seems to be the old black screen issue that many other have faced with this board including me. just flush latest bios, I would suggest to try 1001 or its predecessor. Remove all monitoring software including AI suite and your NZXT cam for the pump. Without cam your pump should work fine if connected in the AIO pump header of this mobo. Test your setup if black screen is happening or not. It is possible due to some conflict with multiple monitoring sw and specially aura as well (remove it). If it solves your issue then install one after another and use one monitoring for your gpu and another for cpu and other. Don't use more than that for now.

Just to add, I have also tested with corsair link and latest bios (0811 and later) + hw info + asus gpu tweak = no problem
What I have found is that 2 or more sw collecting data from this mobo causes issue that days but not any more for me. Previously Aura Temp LED option also causing black screen but it has been resolved with new aura and bios.
Please do remove all asus sw just to follow rule of elimination.

sethiol wrote:

Regarding your black screen after sleep, try disabling C-states in BIOS (Advanced - CBS) - Had the same problem, but disapeared when disabling c-states.