Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING issues

theprob
Level 7
Hello,

Anyone experienced the following with the mentioned board:

After 6/10 system starts my system don't see the LAN adapter or my mouse at all. I need to restart the system or replug my mouse to solve the issue. I've experienced the mouse connection issue within UEFI too. Furthermore I experiencing further annoying problems, such as random video signal loose (especially when I start a fan calibration within AISuite 3). After that, I can only revive my system with a hardreset.

I tried to reinstall windows/nvidia driver/chipset driver, etc. And of course, I have the latest BIOS version.

Now, I sent back the board to the vendor, because ASUS Support advised that. They will revise it. I hope soo, that they won't evalute that it's just a SW related issue...
1,485 REPLIES 1,485

So more problems; I tried to revert back to original BIOS the board shipped with. When i try to read the BIOS file it says; "Selected file is not a proper BIOS"

The most expensive B350 motherboard and the most troublesome :mad:

Ye, that was what I've afraid of. But they give me another one. I dunno what they tested or checked to diagnose that this is faulty.

larnon wrote:
Thing is, if i send the motherboard to them saying it "sometimes" do these stuff, chances are they are not gonna encounter any problem while they are testing and send the board back to me. The only hope i have is that there are many people experiencing this issue, which tells me it is a BIOS/UEFI related problem.

Come on ASUS don't leave us in the dark, at least show us you are there and listening 😞

theprob wrote:
Ye, that was what I've afraid of. But they give me another one. I dunno what they tested or checked to diagnose that this is faulty.

Have you tested your new motherboard yet? With latest BlOS?

I don't get it yet. 😞

larnon wrote:
Have you tested your new motherboard yet? With latest BlOS?

hey guys, im glad that im not alone, i have the LAN issue too after enable DOCP. I already contact customer support in my region and they obtained the bios screen shoot and network adapter missing screen shoot from me. Hope they can fix this asap, it very annoying to boot twice every morning.

I actually also encountered the no LAN issue twice using this board. One time was right after I got a sudden black screen when I was checking out CPU-Z Memory section (I also had AI Suite 3 open, dunno whether it's the reason). I had to force cut the PSU power and reboot, then I found my LAN disappeared. Reboot again, then go into BIOS just to see if the Intel LAN option is enabled, then boot into Windows again, the LAN reappeared. I'm using the latest BIOS. After that I updated my LAN driver to the latest version on ASUS for this board, see if it helps.

Hope ASUS look into this.

Guys tell me about those lock ups? I dont experience anything similiar except the LAN cancer. I am running stock 3.7 ghz R5 1600 with 3200MHz CL16 Corsair 2*8GB LPX Vengeance. Also guys, dont forget, the high memory frequencies over 2933 depend on your chip´s intergated memory controller (IMC). My Vengeance runs at 2933MHz with stock timings (CAS 16, 16-18-18-38) but i think i would be able to use smaller timings, but thats not much of an difference at the cost of stability.

David K. wrote:
Guys tell me about those lock ups? I dont experience anything similiar except the LAN cancer. I am running stock 3.7 ghz R5 1600 with 3200MHz CL16 Corsair 2*8GB LPX Vengeance. Also guys, dont forget, the high memory frequencies over 2933 depend on your chip´s intergated memory controller (IMC). My Vengeance runs at 2933MHz with stock timings (CAS 16, 16-18-18-38) but i think i would be able to use smaller timings, but thats not much of an difference at the cost of stability.

I am using the same CPU setup at 3.7 @ 1.24 V and same RAM @ 2933 Mhz and 14-16-16-16-32 48 1T timings. SoC is at 1V(downvolted from 1.1).
Weird thing is; even if you don't use D.O.C.P and manually set all RAM overclockings, BIOS automatically overvolts SoC so you need to undervolt it.

Also, stability is tested with different programs like MemTest, OCCT, Prime95 etc. It's fully stable.

larnon wrote:
I am using the same CPU setup at 3.7 @ 1.24 V and same RAM @ 2933 Mhz and 14-16-16-16-32 48 1T timings. SoC is at 1V(downvolted from 1.1).
Weird thing is; even if you don't use D.O.C.P and manually set all RAM overclockings, BIOS automatically overvolts SoC so you need to undervolt it.

Also, stability is tested with different programs like MemTest, OCCT, Prime95 etc. It's fully stable.

You will be able to punch in 14-14-14, try that. I havent touched any OC and run at stock speed 3.7 GHz 1,237 V. I will check the SOC tomorrow

David K. wrote:
You will be able to punch in 14-14-14, try that. I havent touched any OC and run at stock speed 3.7 GHz 1,237 V. I will check the SOC tomorrow

3.7 isn't stock speed though. It is 2-core max boost speed. So it is overclocked. R5 1600 has stock speed of 3.2 but boosts all cores to 3.4 if temperatures allow it and at most 2 cores to 3.7 at stock settings. I overlocked it to 3.7 at all cores @ 1.24 V but it drops to 1.2V under full load because I left LLC to auto. Still stable though. I will try those timings you suggested and report back here if they are stable.

Update 1: LAN issue keeps happening btw. And it's getting more frequent. Now its every first boot of the day.

Update 2: Corsair LPX Vengeance 3200CL16 RAM works fully stable in 2993 Mhz with 14-14-14-14-32-46-382-1T timings @ 1V SoC. MemTest %500 coverage zero errors. But no matter the timings and voltages, 3200Mhz never works.