Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoG iDirect for the Formula V

NassayA
Level 7
Hiya there,

This is my fist post so hiya. ^^
But for the intel board there is iDirect through bluetooth.
I know the Formula V hasn't the bluetooth thing on it.
Anyone think it is possible through a USB bluetooth device in the RoG connect port to connect to the iDirect App?
Mainboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Alpha - CPU: Intel 6700K 4.6GHZ - GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RX480 O8G - DDR4: Corsair Venagance RGB 16GB - PSU: Corsair HX 1000Watt - Windows 10 Enterprice 64Bit on Corsair GTS SSD 240GB - Corsair GTX 60GB - Samgung 2.5' 2TB HDD - All packaged in a Corsair Graphite 780T. H2o Cooled by EKWB. Full Hue+ Lights.
9 REPLIES 9

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome NassayA, New ROG Forum Member.

I dont know about that...a bluetooth app through a usb?
Interesting idea though....I would guess 99%-NO, but.....Ill stay tuned for if there is a real answer.
No laptop or other computer available to connect?

So when you get a second, if you wouldnt mind, could you post the build, maybe in your signature,
under settings......this is helpful...and we are a comparing, curious bunch.

And let me see if I got this straight....You built a CrossHair V Formula rig...(Others can see where Im going all ready..)
and now your looking to use a form of ROG connect for Tweaking Time?
And what memory did you use? No issues....just put it all together...booted, loaded...now ready to tweak?
Do Tell.
What are your impessions of the board so far? No Issues? Really? It just plain ROG's? Hey it happens...
a whole lot more than we know.....so please...if you get some time, and wouldnt mind.....Do, by all means, Tell.
Thank You.c.

I added my setup hopefully is usefull for you and fellow RoG users.
I'm not ready tot overclock yet my CPU was a bad buy no black edition so multiplier is locked need to save some money for a new CPU.
My memory tho is just put back on 1333 course CPU doesn't support more.
Mainboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Alpha - CPU: Intel 6700K 4.6GHZ - GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RX480 O8G - DDR4: Corsair Venagance RGB 16GB - PSU: Corsair HX 1000Watt - Windows 10 Enterprice 64Bit on Corsair GTS SSD 240GB - Corsair GTX 60GB - Samgung 2.5' 2TB HDD - All packaged in a Corsair Graphite 780T. H2o Cooled by EKWB. Full Hue+ Lights.

Cyrekk
Level 10
Last time I checked the ROG Bluetooth utility only works via the integrated BT module on boards that come with it. On those boards the module itself can be set as a PAN for the PC or for the connect utility by pressing the BT button on the back panel. Those settings were mutually exclusive, it's one or the other.

tl;dr no.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Ckk,
[tl;dr no.] ummmm? wha? huh? hmmm?

chrsplmr
Level 18
Nice rig.....ok..so the cpu gotta go...tough choice..jump the gun and spend 200bucks now...
or wait just a bit more for that FX....tough one.
is that GT 2x4gb or 4x2gb sticks?
I swear by that memory...it is yet to let me down...or JJ or Chew...hehhehehee
Thats why it is at the top of the QVL.....(sorry..I had to quip that...its not, still dont know why.)
and I am sure you will be pleased with those 6870's...I am with the 50's...
Im sitting on my wallet until that FX comes out...but I have another V/Thunderbolt..
that I think I will load with it....My present rig runs to sweet to even need to upgrade.
Do have the need for that FX though....Stay Tuned.

Ckk+, as always,
but, tl;dr no. ----ummmm? wha? huh? hmmm? wha????

Jaytheredneck1
Level 8
tl;dr is an acronym for "too long, didn't read". Meaning if you didn't want to read his explanation, simple answer is no.
Crosshair V Formula 990FX 0506 Bios - Phenom II X6 1100T - Gskill Sniper 1600MHz (4x4GB) - Saphire Radeon 6770 - OCZ Agility 3 60GB - WD Black 1TB - Cooler Master V6GT - Antec Dark Fleet 85 - Antec CP-850 - Windows 7 Ultimate 64

ive tried to use the idirect app in wifi mode and usb and no way i think,

chrsplmr
Level 18
Jay....oooooooh...thnx...makes perfect sense now. I didnt read it all, but the bottom line is..NO.

Yes, just say it out loud three times....BlueTooth>USB, BlueTooth>USB, BlueTooth>USB. No, it wont work..hehehheee

This may be a long shot but if you make the RoG Connect for a smart phone iOS or Android you name it.
Maybe it will work instead of the laptop being the input device de smartphone is.
And maybe instead of the USB we use the Bluetooth to tranfer the data?