Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog front base cpu level up

pdastrly
Level 8
I want to use the cpu level up but I dont know how to program it
12 REPLIES 12

Nate152
Hello pdastrly, Please do not use the cpu level up feature to overclock your cpu. Overclocking your cpu manually like you did is far better in the fact that you know you are not over volting your cpu which will create excessive heat or under volting it which will cause instablility.

The voltages applied by cpu level up is an average based on the cpu's that asus has tested. Some cpu's will need more voltage, some will need less. When you overclock manually you know you are giving your cpu just enough voltage to be stable.

MeanMachine
Level 13
You have a pretty good overclock @4.7GHz from 3.5GHz stock, Stick with it, any further and stability issues.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

pdastrly
Level 8
Well I wanted to run at factory clock and when I pressed the oc button then the 4.7 settings would be loaded.
Cpu is 4ghz, 4790k

Nate152

pdastrly
Level 8
Yes I saved a profile in bios, can it be activated via oc button?
I think the front base has stock, lv1 and lv2

Nate152
That pdastrly I cannot answer for you as I don't have the front base.

Maybe someone who has the front base will chime in and help you.

pdastrly
Level 8
I see almost every post on here is attempting to do same thing

Marc79
Level 7
What about just loading the saved OC in the UEFI?
4790k @4.7GHz/1.296v // Maximus VI Hero // 16GB G.SKILL TridentX 2133MHz // 980 Ti 1472MHz game// AX860 // H110 // 760T // PB278Q // Win 8.1

jh30uk
Level 11
You need to install either ASUS ROG Connect or ASUS ROG Connect Plus, I cannot remember which is needed to use the Level Up from the OC Panel but the other is to use the ROG Connect n Rear I/O Panel.

EDIT : I think it is ASUS ROG Connect Plus as I had both installed and removed the one that did not work as I will never use that other function.