cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA taking too long....

najirion
Level 7
Hi,

I posted a thread about my P8Z77M-PRO last December 2012 and was found out to be dying... It was sent for RMA during that on the 2nd week of December 2012. I'm getting impatient because it's still not here (with my dealer). How long does it take to "repair" a motherboard? Is it really that long??? I cannot inquire about it in the ASUS support site since it's asking for the RMA ticket number and I don't have that. My dealer probably know that but he also don't have any idea when it would be repaired and returned....

As of now I am using a P8Z77-V which also have some issues and would need RMA (2 DIMM slots now working) but considering that it takes a very loooooooooooooong time.. I'm starting to hate the idea.. I love ASUS products but I'm starting to unlike the support services..
Intel i5-2500k - ASUS Maximus V Gene - ASUS GTX 660 DCU II
ASUS ThunderFX - Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 850w
OCZ Vector 120GB - Corsair H90
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB - Coolermaster Storm Trooper
23 REPLIES 23

may be , but 2 month and a half is very long .
the asus.com tracking system for RMA , says that : 3- The system only allows searching for repair cases within 2 months.

Area_66
Level 11
Davao is in Philippines and as chase the guy, every computer stores ( especially in Davao ) have a guard with a Shotgun in front of the door.

Area 66 wrote:
Davao is in Philippines and as chase the guy, every computer stores ( especially in Davao ) have a guard with a Shotgun in front of the door.

Hhahahahahaha!!! That's very true! Almost all business establishments have a guard on duty, even buses LOL.
Fortunately my dealer doesn't have a guard and we are actually like friends LOL. Anyway I'll just ask him.

najirion wrote:
Hhahahahahaha!!! That's very true! Almost all business establishments have a guard on duty, even buses LOL.
Fortunately my dealer doesn't have a guard and we are actually like friends LOL. Anyway I'll just ask him.

here in France that does not exist , sometimes the army during few weeks .
ask your "friend" and asus with the serial number , asus should be able to say if they had/have a rma with it or not .
then you know if you have a friend or not....despite after 2 month and a half , it seems that he does not like you very very Much ;'] or he had too much work and forgot his old friend ...

GRML4D wrote:
here in France that does not exist , sometimes the army during few weeks .
ask your "friend" and asus with the serial number , asus should be able to say if they had/have a rma with it or not .
then you know if you have a friend or not....despite after 2 month and a half , it seems that he does not like you very very Much ;'] or he had too much work and forgot his old friend ...

He gave me an update yesterday. He was ASUS distributor in my country is in chaos LOL. But he said it's likely the repair would be done next week and I might be getting it back by then.. I hope so. I'm going to try to fix the bend pin on this one (P8Z77-V)

chrsplmr
Level 18
hahahhaa .. and if they had my board for 2.5months he would need it. It wouldn't help.
I would have my board .. or be in jail .. which to me is the same thing as not having my board.c.

btw .. if forced from the store by gunpoint without, wouldnt that change the crime from 'theft by deception' to
'armed robbery' ??

ShotGun .. hahhaa .. I wonder if 'he' could squeeze off a round using only a fart ??? hahahha
and if so .. just how good is his butt's airm, wut with only one brown eye and all ... hahhahaa

najirion
Level 7
@GRML4D

Yes I am registered.
I cannot request for status inquiry since it was my DEALER that sent it for RMA. He would be the one that filed the RMA request and he didn't tell me the RMA ticket number.

GRML4D
Level 7
you had some powerful hurricanes and floods at the beginning of month , if I remember well .
for the pin , may be a watchmaker or a jeweler can do the job .

ph4ntom
Level 7
najirion go to this webpage http://support.asus.com/repair/repairstatus.aspx?SLanguage=en pick u'r country and as
select customer type : choose dealer
, then write down u'r s/n of the bord that u're looking for. if it's at ASUS it will show u the status of RMA. that's how i found mine without having the 10 digit of RMA.

good luck

ph4ntom wrote:
najirion go to this webpage http://support.asus.com/repair/repairstatus.aspx?SLanguage=en pick u'r country and as , then write down u'r s/n of the bord that u're looking for. if it's at ASUS it will show u the status of RMA. that's how i found mine without having the 10 digit of RMA.

good luck

Yeah I did that but then I only know the serial number, the other 2 info would only be known by the retailer I bought the hardware from.
Anyway, thanks for the help guys! I did talk to my retailer and he said it should be coming home soon. hehehe