cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rive unstable after sleep

GuzMonster
Level 7
Rive board freezes or bsods coming from standby. It is completely stable, prime, memtest overclocked at 4.8ghz. I have tried lower overclocks but I still have the same problem. I've tried bios 1202 and 0018 to no avail. What I do to test stability is run prime or linx right after coming out of sleep state.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5
14 REPLIES 14

HiVizMan
Level 40
Does your system do the things you want it to do?

Does your system blue screen or freeze if you are not running prime?

Running prime just proves that your system can run prime, nothing more. Stable is if your system can do all the things you need your PC to do in 24/7 us e. Now if Prime is your 24/7 use for your PC fair enough. Stable is as stable does mate.

I know people who have systems that are 48 hours prime stable but fail the minute they start to play WOW on line, I kid you not. I have been in this industry for a couple of years, and been a bencher for a while and honestly I do not get this fascination with prime. Not one bit. True I will use Prime to check were an overclock is for a system I am putting together for others but anything more that 1 or 2 hours is just pointless to me.

There are my views and most certainly do not represent the views of most folks. 🙂

Back to your issue, if prime is where you want to be at then run stock and see if stock passes prime after a sleep.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

GuzMonster
Level 7
Yeah i know what you mean. I usually use prime and linx for cpu, memtest for the memory and oc scanner or 3dmark for the video when testing for stability of the various components. Still if it is stable in prime before sleep, there is no reason why it shouldn't be after coming out of sleep.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

GuzMonster
Level 7
I will test on stock speeds and i'll report back.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

GuzMonster
Level 7
On stock speeds it is stable running linx. 2 minutes of linx while overclocked gives a BSOD after coming out of sleep 😞
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

HiVizMan
Level 40
I wonder if coming out of Sleep changes some of the settings? I know that with the MIVE if you had PLL overrider on auto and you woke from sleep it would stay at disabled and folks OC would fall over. i wonder if this is something like that.

What method of OC your system do you use? Offset or ...?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I wonder if coming out of Sleep changes some of the settings? I know that with the MIVE if you had PLL overrider on auto and you woke from sleep it would stay at disabled and folks OC would fall over. i wonder if this is something like that.

What method of OC your system do you use? Offset or ...?

Yes i use offset mode.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

GuzMonster
Level 7
Talking about pll overrider, i decided to change vtt, vcsaa and pll voltages to see if system somehow becomes more stable; i notice pll voltage drops from 2.0v to 1.8v, and bsods. But still this does not explain why system is unstable since 1.8v on the pll is completely fine while overclocked. Must be some other setting not monitored which changes after sleep and causes the bsod.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

GuzMonster
Level 7
This behaviour and memory retraining is why i decided to use manual timings on the memory.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

GuzMonster
Level 7
Apparently it does not bsod using fixed/manual voltage setting?? Perplexed...
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5