cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVE- No boot from sleep mode

warhog22
Level 7
Hi all,

Computer will not come back on after it goes back to sleep. 50/50 chance it boots. everything but monitor turns on but its unresponsive so i force shut down. Boots to screen saying "Overclock failed". Then boots fine after forcing me back into

Also, when i try to sleep the computer, it turns monitor off and everything else is still running and is unresponsive. have to force quit. Same "Overclock has failed" messege. Forces to bios then restarta fine

what is the issue? I really appreaciate it. Spent alot of money on nice parts and now this. 😕

Stock settings except xmp.
No overclock
Bios 1001
RIVE board
geforce 560ti
Corsair Dominator Gt 2133mhz (xmp set)
1200watt corsiar proffesional psu
windows 7
41 REPLIES 41

HiVizMan
Level 40
What is the power plan in your OS?
What are your sleep state settings in OS, and which wake on settings have you enabled.

I do however recommend updating your BIOS to 1005 which works the best for me.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

my power saving is set to Balanced stock settings. 10 min/monitor, 30 min/computer.

Advanced settings are stock. should i change anything in there such as dont let hard drive sleep or something?

I'd rather not update bios if possible. I know i could change it to never sleep but my external water cooling set up is pretty massive. i want that off sometimes!

thank yaz!

UltraNEO_
Level 11
I'd like help and information on this also!!

On the rare occasions where my machine sleeps, I'm encountering issues with waking up too.
For the record I'm on bios version 1005, various 'Wake on LAN' options has been completely disabled to allow sleep to commence. However upon wake, my motherboard debug LED doesn't change from "30" back to "ÄA" - dunno is this important.

I will put together the exact same set up as you have there mate, and let you know tomorrow what I have found. Ideally I am able to duplicate your PC behaviour.

You do not list what your hard drives are, nor do you list what if any USB items are connected to your PC. Could you provide that information please.

USB devices:
Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP
Logitech G19 gaming keyboard (US layout)
Logitech G13 advanced gameboard
Logitech MX1000 mouse wireless (temp) waiting for the Razer Mamba 4G 😄
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

HiVizMan
Level 40
I will put together the exact same set up as you have there mate, and let you know tomorrow what I have found. Ideally I am able to duplicate your PC behaviour.

You do not list what your hard drives are, nor do you list what if any USB items are connected to your PC. Could you provide that information please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

GetMax
Level 7
I have also been having sleep mode problems for a week now. I've had issues with oc and sleep mode where the computer wakes up and the turbo boost does not work. After 10-15 minutes (after resuming from sleep mode) I get a blue screen reading that the processor core "something something" has not responded in XX time. I did some tweaks in the bios (v 1101) and finally it seemed to work again.

About a week ago I can't enter sleep mode at all. It goes to sleep for about 2-3 seconds and then turns back on. I'm not really sure if I've changed anything except for installing the latest GeForce Forceware 290.53 beta drivers and windows updates. I had my regular oc 4.4 settings and now I've reverted back do all defaults but I still have the same problem.

I haven't been in the mood to revert back to older drivers just to confirm the problem but sleep mode problems can be driver related.

On my ROG asus laptop (g53sw) I can't update the sound card with the latest drivers from the manufacturer without having sleep mode problems. Everything works fine as long as I use the drivers from asus homepage.
Intel 3930K @ 4.2ghz C1 @ Offset (- something) @1.3V
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (BIOS-4901-BOLTS4BREKFAST Mod)
ASUS GTX 1070 8GB Dual OC
Swiftech H220-X Liquid
16 gb Corsair Dominator GT 2133mhz cas 9 @ 1.5V
Corsair Carbide Air 540
Corsair AX 860i PSU
Corsair K70 LUX RGB Keyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
Samsung 830 256GB SSD
Intel 320 SSD
Creative Sound Blaster ZxR
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (Latest)

warhog22
Level 7
crucial M4 64gig - OS
Samsung 830 128 gig - Everything else
HP PS2 keyboard- Updating to better one soon. Nice one broke a year ago.
Gigaware old cheap USB Mouse -MX1000 wont show up in bluetooth (not plugged in)
D-link wireless router

None of these have i updated drivers. Kinda scared to with Samsung ssd as old firmware was bricking them i hear.

thanks!

problem exists with just keyboard plugged in as only device

HiVizMan
Level 40
Don't knock those HP keyboards mate I still have one for emergency use.

OK guys it is clear that there are a couple of members who have sleep and wake issues. I think I need to spend some time trying to get to the bottom of this whole thing. So in stead of doing just one set up and provide one set up fix or solution I am going to try and put together a as near as dammit wake/sleep set up that is foolproof. So bare with me please as this is going to take a few days at best.

How ever for the specific questions posted here as soon as I get something that can help I will reply here.

Cheers

GetMax
Level 7
Thanx HiV but for some strange reason my sleep mode is working again, without me making changes. I've tried to reproduce the problem but I can't. Right now it's just working for some strange reason. The only thing I remember doing was changing usb port for my logitech g15 keyboard from one of the red usb ports to one of the black ones. Like I said I've tried to reproduce the sleep mode problem but everything is working fine at the moment. Good luck by the way 😮

I'll keep you posted
Intel 3930K @ 4.2ghz C1 @ Offset (- something) @1.3V
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (BIOS-4901-BOLTS4BREKFAST Mod)
ASUS GTX 1070 8GB Dual OC
Swiftech H220-X Liquid
16 gb Corsair Dominator GT 2133mhz cas 9 @ 1.5V
Corsair Carbide Air 540
Corsair AX 860i PSU
Corsair K70 LUX RGB Keyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
Samsung 830 256GB SSD
Intel 320 SSD
Creative Sound Blaster ZxR
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (Latest)

same thing started happening to my with my setup. I am using the one up over clock or the gamers overclock.
I have hard drives set to never sleep. if I hit a key or move the mouse it wakes but the mouse looses power and I get a black screen on my monitor.

if you need me to send you any files or anthing I can be reached at coldair@gmail.com
Intel 3930K
ASUS Rampage IV extreme
16GB (4x4096) Dominator CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 Ram
Corsair Force 3 180 gig hard drive
3TB raid drive
Seasonic 1250 watt PSU
2 EVGA 285 copper
Windows 7 64 SP1
Apple keyboard, Razor Naga Mouse, Dell 30 monitor, Thermaltake SwordM case separate box for 2 ThermoChill PA120.3 Triple 120mm Radiator ,two XSPC 250 Passive Aluminum Reservoirs, two MCP655™ pumps