cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVE failure and shutdown

Arabicuser
Level 7
Finally the first build is working, but it has a curse, i am happy about the components but the suffering i faced until now is really too much, dropped the HAF X once on a road concrete[the man from the shop dropped it] while i took it to one shop near my work place, 1 PSU screw place broken, and little distort on the another, a big mistake from him but i can't ask for refund or repair, so bad services in my country when some people coming here to do mistakes.

Anyway, i passed that mistake, and found out that the Seasonic PSU is not working, defective, i talked with the seller got his number through the online market i bought it from, and he accepted to take it back and refund give my money back, so i took and packaged that Seasonic and placed Corsair one and i connected the necessary cables under wires/cable mess but only to test it before i try to clean it later, and here is the problem:

To my surprise and happiness, the computer turned on and working, and i was able to log in BIOS even that error message before pressing F1, i couldn't log in by pressing Del or F2, anyway, so i finally or successfully logged in BIOS, and here is the problem:

After few minutes, maybe 2 minutes, the PC shutdown completely, turned on again and logged in BIOS and while i read or checkout the BIOS it again shutdown suddenly, so Do you know what is the problem is here?

Sorry for this long thread for this rig, but i wasn't free to finish it very quick long time ago, and the PSU didn't work to buy another, so it was disappointing me, but i hope by next it will work fine and i enjoy it, the BIOS is difficult to understand as i said English is not my language and there are a lot of things to read and understand, but i can't understand it if the power doesn't give me a chance longer than about 2 minutes to explore it.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX Titan Windforce
Patriot Viper 32GB[4x 8GB] 2133MHz
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Western Digital Black Caviar 2TB 7200rpm
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X
24 REPLIES 24

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Is the CPU cooling working properly? and maybe try to boot with only one stick of RAM fitted... can you list your components please that might help...

HiVizMan
Level 40
It certainly sounds like your cooling is not perfect. Refit your cooler.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arabicuser
Level 7
Ok, it is all about the CPU Fan Error message i get always, i restart and check the BIOS and change the settings [Disable or Ignore that CPU Fan warning], my machine keep reseting the problem each time i start the machine, like the effect doesn't take a place.

Also now i see my SSD is loading and booting very very slow, the entire machine is very slow, i can't move smooth in the BIOS, so there is something wrong i don't know where.

My PC specifications:

Rampage IV Extreme
i7-3930K
Patriot Viper 32GB 2133Hz
GTX Titan [Gigabyte Windforce OC]
Corsair H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF-X
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X

Chino
Level 15
Might sound a little offensive my following question but I must ask it.

Are you saving the changes you're making to the CPU fan warning? Are you pressing F10 to save and then exit?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please Clear CMOS and then use a fat formatted USB stick to update your bios. Download the latest version and place directly in the root dir of the USB stick.

Use the ezflash2 utility found in the tools menu of the bios. NOT OS 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Chino wrote:
Might sound a little offensive my following question but I must ask it.

Are you saving the changes you're making to the CPU fan warning? Are you pressing F10 to save and then exit?

Yes, i always save the changes, pressing F10 on BIOS to save and exit, but te problem is there, and when i go to BIOS again and again, few times the changes are gone, but in general, the computer is running very slow even without OS, and when i connect SSD to SATA3 cable and boot it takes ages to boot, i feel the machine has a problem maybe with the fans or cooling system, the CPU temp on BIOS i see 80C on base speed, so maybe the cooling is not working fine, could be that the cooling is not aligned on the processor? There is something making my computer not stable, but i don't know what, the CPU, the cooling, the RAM, the PSU....etc? I don't know

HiVizMan wrote:
Please Clear CMOS and then use a fat formatted USB stick to update your bios. Download the latest version and place directly in the root dir of the USB stick.

Use the ezflash2 utility found in the tools menu of the bios. NOT OS 🙂

How to clear the CMOS? I will try that USB updating the BIOS if it will help, but if it couldn't solve the issue then what?
Where to download the latest version of the BIOS, from ASUS site or elsewhere?
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X

Arabicuser
Level 7
Ok, i think if i am not mistaken, the failure or shutdown is due to that the cooling is not doing the job, so the processor is heating too much causing maybe my PC to shutdown, i don't know why or what happened to that cooling H100i not working fine even the fans all are spinning, but maybe because this case was dropped once by one stupid man mistake on a concrete road so it may had some damage to the installation maybe or something came off its place? i placed the fans as recommended here and another site, but is that the problem maybe or i have to check if the cooling is not on the CPU properly or whatever you think?
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X

If temperatures are up to 80 degrees C by the time you enter the UEFI menu, then your H100i is not making contact with your processor. The extreme heat causes the processor to throttle down in order to reduce chances of permanent damage, hence the slow performance. You must stop whatever you are doing, and try reinstalling/reseating the waterblock.
| MB: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | RAM: 8x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 (CL10) | CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k (4.2GHz, -0.005v) | GPU: 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 FE | SSD: 2x Crucial MX300 750GB | PSU: Corsair AX1200 |