cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVE failure and shutdown

Arabicuser
Level 7
Finally the first build is working, but it has a curse, i am happy about the components but the suffering i faced until now is really too much, dropped the HAF X once on a road concrete[the man from the shop dropped it] while i took it to one shop near my work place, 1 PSU screw place broken, and little distort on the another, a big mistake from him but i can't ask for refund or repair, so bad services in my country when some people coming here to do mistakes.

Anyway, i passed that mistake, and found out that the Seasonic PSU is not working, defective, i talked with the seller got his number through the online market i bought it from, and he accepted to take it back and refund give my money back, so i took and packaged that Seasonic and placed Corsair one and i connected the necessary cables under wires/cable mess but only to test it before i try to clean it later, and here is the problem:

To my surprise and happiness, the computer turned on and working, and i was able to log in BIOS even that error message before pressing F1, i couldn't log in by pressing Del or F2, anyway, so i finally or successfully logged in BIOS, and here is the problem:

After few minutes, maybe 2 minutes, the PC shutdown completely, turned on again and logged in BIOS and while i read or checkout the BIOS it again shutdown suddenly, so Do you know what is the problem is here?

Sorry for this long thread for this rig, but i wasn't free to finish it very quick long time ago, and the PSU didn't work to buy another, so it was disappointing me, but i hope by next it will work fine and i enjoy it, the BIOS is difficult to understand as i said English is not my language and there are a lot of things to read and understand, but i can't understand it if the power doesn't give me a chance longer than about 2 minutes to explore it.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX Titan Windforce
Patriot Viper 32GB[4x 8GB] 2133MHz
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Western Digital Black Caviar 2TB 7200rpm
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X
24 REPLIES 24

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Yes, I understand that....starting up mine was a mess too....later you can sort the cables out...

I think you know these guides for the BIOS:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5836-ASUS-Rampage-IV-Extreme-Easy-Overclock-Guide&country=&...
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5835-ASUS-Rampage-IV-Extreme-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking&co...

I hope so one day, not in rush.

No, i don't know about these guides, are they important or must be done? What these guide will do to my rig?

Thank you very much!
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
They are guides to help with understanding the BIOS and OCing if you want to go that route. The second in particular is a good way to get an understanding of the options in BIOS.

This is a good video to watch too...http://youtu.be/Ct6tQaEsWYY

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
They are guides to help with understanding the BIOS and OCing if you want to go that route. The second in particular is a good way to get an understanding of the options in BIOS.

This is a good video to watch too...http://youtu.be/Ct6tQaEsWYY

Cool, thank you very much!

I will take my time to understand the BIOS and my machine, but until now the mystery i didn't solve until now yet is: how come that my 3rd rig with i5+ASRock mobo is booting much much faster than my 2 i7 rigs [1 with RIVE this one and the another is GA-X79-UD5], is it that Z77 LGA1155 is much faster than X79 LGA2011?
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Maybe...different chipsets have different BIOS and different things to do....you can speed up boot times by disabling things you don't use in the BIOS....

Like as media sata controller....bluetooth controller.....look in Onboard devices configuration and disable things you don't need.

Which BIOS does your board have? and what OS......later BIOS with fastboot and Win8 are quicker....

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Maybe...different chipsets have different BIOS and different things to do....you can speed up boot times by disabling things you don't use in the BIOS....

Like as media sata controller....bluetooth controller.....look in Onboard devices configuration and disable things you don't need.

Which BIOS does your board have? and what OS......later BIOS with fastboot and Win8 are quicker....

Well, i remember that 3rd rig is booting very very fast from fresh installation of Win 7 without any tweaking in BIOS or OS, so i was surprising what happened in that rig and the other rigs.

I will check out that ASRock BIOS more deeper later and see what things are there and what are the differences in settings.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X