cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVE: CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT not working - Display code 00 forever

Rassal
Level 9
Hi,

Just had to RMA my Corsair H80 because the pump started to make noise, and so i removed it. All was going well when i re-installed my Cooler Master 212 EVO it worked fine.

I went in and plugged my 2nd fan and when i powered it up, it never powered up again, only to show code 00 forever. I also notice that both CPU and CPU_OPT are not making the fan turn, if i try other headers, the fan do start to turn. Just when i plug them in the proper CPU header, they don't.

I guess my board has something... dunno what, but it was working perfectly fine with my re-installed 212 EVO, until i plugged in the 2nd fan in the CPU_OPT.

I tried switching bios, it does switch bios but same exact result.

I unplugged my power supply, and removed the battery. Will let it like that for a couple of hours, but i wonder if it will do something? I checked out my fan connections and i cannot make a mistake, they are 4 pins PWM fans, and you can't plug them backward... could i have plugged them badly without noticing and then when i powered it up it blew something? I really doubt, because you can't plug them backward or sideways... is this possible?
Rampage IV Extreme (4802) + Core i7-3930K @ 4.3GHZ + Corsair H100i Push Config.
VCore = 1.33v | LLC = Auto | VTT = 1.10v | 2nd VTT = Auto | VCCSA = 1.10v | PLL = 1.78125v
G.Skill Ripjawz Z 32GB DDR3-1866 @ 1866 (8x4gb) Using XMP profile#1
Dual Corsair Force GT 120gb Raid-0 Sata 6G RSTe + 1TB WD Blue Sata 6G ASMedia
Dual Sapphire Radeon 6870 xfire - Cooler Master Cosmos II Case
PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKII 950w power supply.
Dell 2709WFP LCD Monitor (1920x1200) - Windows 8.1 Pro x64
7 REPLIES 7

Rassal
Level 9
Ok... more result...

Tested CPU on another x79 motherboard = working fine.
Tested another power supply in my PC with exact same result.
Tested my PC PSU on another PC, with success...

This rounds up to the motherboard, because i ran my tests with only the bare minimum, 2 memory stick, CPU, CPU FAN. Nothing else plugged in... Removed the motherboard from the case, inspected everything... tested on a test bed with bare minumum... same result...

Now, i will need to RMA this R4E... what's the process? This board was bought last march, worked well until today... so still under warranty. Where to i need to go to proceed with RMA?
Do you know if Asus provide advance RMA replacement with something like credit card, because i can't be without a PC for 6-8 weeks, also, christmas is around the corner...
VCore = 1.33v | LLC = Auto | VTT = 1.10v | 2nd VTT = Auto | VCCSA = 1.10v | PLL = 1.78125v

Necrosan
Level 12
There is a topic that lists the RMA process stickied in the top of this subforum.
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

My RIVE has dead Fan Headers too. Plus my PCH Fan ignores every setting in the bios.

The PCH Fan runs 100% everytime. My Board isnt booting anymore because of a CPU Fan error and i cant ignore it because the Fan settings of the cpu are also ignored from the board.

Rma started but ive bought another one because i cant wiat so long to get a new one 😕

Dont know why. I just switched the fans on the boards form time to time and it just happens.

Rassal
Level 9
I sent my RMA request, still awaiting an answer from Asus (got the acknowledgement email sent automaticly, like i expected). But something more official.

On a regular basis, what`s the turn-around time expected for an RMA like this? From day 1 where you open the RMA until you receive your new motherboard?

SUKARA
Level 10
If your convenience!
Could you please help to contract asus service center through this link
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

HiVizMan
Level 40
The RMA time frame is very fluid, and I do not think there is any way to give you a fixed date. There is the option in the North American region of having an express RMA think all the details are in the thread that is sticky in the Rampage sub-forum.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Rassal
Level 9
Ok, the board is gone for ASUS shop in Markham Ontario... should be there thursday. Hope it gets there in good condition (i insured it anyway for full motherboard value, if anything happens during shipping).

I took a **** load of pictures before sending it out just to make sure Asus don't try to squeeze an inch on my somewhere, the board is in perfect condition physicaly, no bent pins on the socket, no broken corner, traces, marker marks, whatever... it just doesn't post! 😉

Now, i hope i just get a new board before christmas.