Level 7
Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 4310

- Support Intel IVB-E series CPU.

Download HERE

Report any problems.
38 REPLIES 38

Hatross
Level 10
wonder if it'll increase my temps? I've read of others seeing a 10c increase from other older flashes...

I may wait until I get an IB-E, no sense in flashing my virgin bios just to revert back , unless there is no temp increases reported.
...wide open

ChiefZeke
Level 10
4310 installed here - no problems as far as I can tell; have one question though - when system rebooted and Windows desktop appeared got a message that new hardware was detected, drivers installed successfully, system must be rebooted to finish driver installation - all that was OK but I could not determine what "new hardware" plus what drivers had been installed. Anyone know?
Thanks
Lian-Li PC-A77F Full Tower case
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200 ATX12V & EPS12V PSU
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 X79
Intel Core i7-3960X 3.31 LGA 2011 CPU
Intel RTS2011LC Liquid Cooling Solution
Kingston KHX24C11T3K4/32X (quad 32Gb memory kit) 2 each
ASUS Radeon HD7970 DirectCUII 3Gb GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (two in CrossfireX Mode)
Western Digital Cavier Black 2Tb SATA III 6.0GB/S
OCZ Technologies Vertex 4 SATAIII 6Gb/s 512Gb SSD

Red_Jhon
Level 10
I installed the latest BIOS 4310, but in Windows, in the task manager I can not see the CPU frequency. Now it appears only 0.00 instead of 4.60

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In the menu system, rather than give me 3.30Ghz I 1Mhz.

How come?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Red_Jhon
Level 10
This error appears only when I enable Turbo Boost, when disable Turbo I've not problem in Windows.

RickROG
Level 11
deleted, no response, so, started a new thread.
"If you say you can't, then, you probably can't"

I have a problem with new BIOS.
System freezes after couple of minutes with stock settings on CPU (@3.5GHz with Turbo Mode off) and memory (@1333).
Got Intel 3970x , dual GTX 690 and Corsair DDR3 4x 8GB 2400MHz CL10 DOMINATOR.
When I donwgraded BIOS to 4102 (haven't tried 4206) CPU runs easily @ 4.8GHz with Turbo and memory run @ 2400.

I just installed the4930K and i ended up with a bunch of unknown devices. base system device, performance counters and a system interrupt controller. Anyone got a clue?
Tried forcing chipset install but it didn't help. I'm using Rampage IV formula flashed to 4310 with win8 pro.
CPU: 4930K Watercooled.
MB: Rampage IV Formula.
RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz.
GPU: Asus GTX Titan SLI.
PSU: Fortron Aurum 1000W.
Cabinet: Silverstone Raven 3.
Sound: Audio-GD DAC.

Raggz wrote:
I just installed the4930K and i ended up with a bunch of unknown devices. base system device, performance counters and a system interrupt controller. Anyone got a clue?
Tried forcing chipset install but it didn't help. I'm using Rampage IV formula flashed to 4310 with win8 pro.

I would venture you missing some inf files for the new CPU and have not been released yet. 9 more Days. although I've see a few others here work around it for now.

this thread might put you in the right direction: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35954-IB-E-True-6-core/page13
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

FireRx wrote:
I would venture you missing some inf files for the new CPU and have not been released yet. 9 more Days. although I've see a few others here work around it for now.

this thread might put you in the right direction: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35954-IB-E-True-6-core/page13

Thank you. Much appreciated 🙂
CPU: 4930K Watercooled.
MB: Rampage IV Formula.
RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz.
GPU: Asus GTX Titan SLI.
PSU: Fortron Aurum 1000W.
Cabinet: Silverstone Raven 3.
Sound: Audio-GD DAC.

Raggz wrote:

I just build a new system with i74930k, and have the same exact issue. Also tried installing the intel drivers, from ASUS page. No luck. Wonder what sort of impact this has, with those drivers not installed properly?