Techotic
Level 7
Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 4310

- Support Intel IVB-E series CPU.

Download HERE

Report any problems.
38 REPLIES 38

Nodens wrote:
Well a lot can happen in 11 days. And UEFI/BIOS engineering is not a walk in the park. Initial images that implement support for a new architecture are always bound to have some issues..it has always been like that:) Adding support for a new model of the same architecture is easy but a whole new architecture takes a lot of work:)

Isn't Ivy a die shrink (intel tick) of Sandy bridge? The next architecture change will be Haswell (Intel tock)

[/HR]
Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 4206
Intel I7-3820
32 GB Quad Channel Kingston Hyper X Genesis
2 x Nvidia GTX 690
2 x WD Velociraptor 250 GB RAID0
Intel 120GB 320 SSD
Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
CM Silent Pro Hybrid - 1300W
CM HAFx

William_Clement
Level 7
After using the new bios it seems my beautiful asus rog loading splash thingie when starting windows 8 eufi is now reverted back to the old borring windows blue flag. Can I somehow set the asus slpash screen back or do i need to reinstall windows8?

EDIT
Seems settiing the logo from Full Screen to Auto did the job! Logo is back 😛

Bateman
Level 7
I wonder why Clock Gen Filter was removed? Is there any new setting to replace it?

mikejustis
Level 7
I installed and it wouldn't recognize my boot ssd but wouldn't let me go into BIOS to change it. I just got the message saying I need to specify or insert boot disk. I unplugged it and it booted up ok. Also, I haven't gone into BIOS in quite some time, when did they change the look of the BIOS?
NZXT H710i
Z590 Maximus Hero XIII
Intel Core i9 10850K
EVGA RTX 3070 TI
CPU Cooler NZXT Z63
G.Skill TridentZ F4-4000C17D-32GTZRB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2psu
Windows 11 Home 64 bit
Heatware
BIOS 1301

Arken2121
Level 7
As soon as I updated to this bios, I started getting the A2 error. ;(

I can bypass it if I restart a few times just it's rather annoying.

Nodens
Level 16
Well going by the pure form of the terminology it's not a different microarchitecture but a die shrink indeed. BUT in reality the chip is different. PCIe controller and IMC are redesigned (the first is GEN3 certified, the later now supports low voltage DDR3, higher stock frequency and density -- IB compared to SB) and a few other changes like Secure Key. Intel themselves has called IB a "tick plus".
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Faithh71
Level 7
Anyone else noticing a strange bug, if you disable or enable HT or you disable or enable VT and you reboot, it doesn't post the system keeps on with no signal, it requires a cold boot to boot properly.

Lemmy1978
Level 7
I do not know the latest bios overclock my 3930K .. there is not Multiplier option-really!

Lemmy1978
Level 7
:mad: