cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVBE Unblanced left and right Audio channel WIN 10 Can someone help me please?

jon4480
Level 7
Hi,
I don't know what to do my left and right audio are unbalanced, I've search through web and I'm not the only one. The only fix I found is to "disable all sound effect" but still it feels not correct and also it's preventing me from using any sound effect like equalizer. I tried realtek drivers on asus page, all of them and then the driver from the driver pack here on the rog forum
My driver: 6.0.1.7599
Please I don't want to buy a sound card because this motherboard was already enough expensive (with a defective microphone jack btw!!!)
Thx in advance
3 REPLIES 3

BOLTS4BREKFAST
Level 12
Hmm.. Defective mic jack AND audio issues..
Sounds like RMA time to me
NZXT Phantom 820
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
NZXT HALE90v2 1200w PSU
Intel i7 3960X OC'd @ 4.7Ghz
Corsair H100i (Push/Pull)
MSI GAMING 4G GTX 980
16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz
2 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
2 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
SoundBlaster Z PCIe Sound Card
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound
Sennheiser PC360 Headset
LG Blu-Ray Burner
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

i have the same issue on my rampage black board, there is definitely an issue going on with some of the drivers due to customization of the board hardware(for no reason, the NEC relay clicks and pops on startup and transient loads, the headphone amp sucks, the wima caps were only ever used on this board and no other board by either asus or another company for good reason, the fact that this implementation of the "Supreme FX 2014" was never used on any other board combined with asus happily abandoning us means we are seriously out of luck, cheap entry boards with stock ALC1150 audio solutions punch this boards audio in the face.

i had an issue with the onboard sound poping and crackling https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?71087-Why-has-ASUS-Forsaken-the-RIVE-BE&p=518707&viewfull=... this issue went away when i upgraded to windows 10
i also tried the generic realtek drivers and got unbalanced audio like you are describing, and still suffer it with the latest drivers, i thought i was alone on this issue, i have not been able to solve this perhaps some are more picky than others as it is only slight, however this audio solution on this board is a disaster and by far the worst i have used in some years, i am at the point of purchasing a DAC , as asus will no longer offer these customized drivers, the drivers they list on their site now are generic realtek drivers that will install and then display an ROG theme, but they are not a solution. the audio on this board has always been crap it is very muddy and has no midrange warm, with an excess of bass and volume leading to poor control, playing audio on this board through my Grado Reference Series RS2e headphones, i can notice the volume difference in each channel, and it sounds extremely harsh compared to the same audio through an htc one m8 & iphone 6 or even my other boards with any realtek chip from 2010 onwards, using the front case headphone jack which uses the onboard headphone amp is ridiculously loud and harsh, i have given up on the audio on this board, which was mostly the reason for purchasing it above other x79 boards 😕

BOLTS4BREKFAST wrote:
Hmm.. Defective mic jack AND audio issues..
Sounds like RMA time to me

Problem is that I received my board with stains and cracks, send pictures to asus but they said it wasn't them and they wouldn't rma it so I got a brand new defective board with no warranty, a defective microphone output and as you all know by now barely no support (except maybe Raja who was there for a while, and helped some of us with the constant random shutdown at stock settings). I am to blame I know I feel I should have step forward and not just take it in the ... like I did but to be honest I had no other motherboard and was stupid enough to put all my money in this one. They tricked me good by calling realtek: supremefx !!
Oh and you know what I bought an asus xonar dx or smth a year ago just for the microphone because I need my microphone and guess what, no driver for win 10. So now I got smarter and just bought a USB (15euros) that has a microphone jack. But maybe it wasn't that smart since now I have defective audio has well (thought they would fix it but it's been months now) and might have to buy a NON ASUS soundcard (I'm thinking creative, back in the day they were good) So 450euros for MB + 20euros delivery + 40euros xonar dx (or dxg) + 15euros UBS MIC + maybe 100euros for a good sound card win 10 compatible!! = 625 euros for a nice headache experience. I won't forget this.