cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESIZE BAR for Z370/Z390 chipset

fred16
Level 7
Good afternoon,

I would like to know if a BIOS update will be released for the z370 / z380 motherboards with RESIZE BAR option?

Thanks
greetings
382 Views
644 REPLIES 644

mcsumu wrote:
For some reason ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME beta bios was removed from the site. Hope the official bios is releasing soon 😕

I have the same motherboard and hope for the same.

Jesseinsf wrote:
I have the same motherboard and hope for the same.


I got MAX XI APEX and the beta bios was removed. There is no news regard to the non beta bios expect MAX XI HERO for asus.

DmitriyS
Level 11
I also have such a board and I am also waiting for an update

Maximus XI Hero Bios is now final V1902.

drkpnsh wrote:
It seems 1901 bios for Z390-F which supports NVidia Resize-Bar is removed from web-site?

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z390-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios
https://rog.asus.com/tr/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z390-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios


If you need it and accept the risk that it may have been removed for problems, then the link in this post still works https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?123655-ROG-Z390-F-Gaming-BIOS-with-Resizable-BAR-support-f...

Hopefully it's been removed for a non beta version imminently though, I was sent a z390-f the other day I'm just awaiting it's arrival.

Adrian1983
Level 11
Ok, The final 1902 bios for the Maximus XI Hero is causing me boot problems, It just goes to a black screen when booting if my PC is in Hibernate mode which is what I normally do but now I have to keep cold booting by switching the PSU off for a minute or so and then it boots normally, Asus are you aware of this issue?

UPDATE...

It seems this new bios is not working correctly with Bit locker encryption, With it disabled the PC is now booting up fine.

1902 is live for Maximus XI Code as well!

Adrian1983 wrote:
Ok, The final 1902 bios for the Maximus XI Hero is causing me boot problems, It just goes to a black screen when booting if my PC is in Hibernate mode which is what I normally do but now I have to keep cold booting by switching the PSU off for a minute or so and then it boots normally, Asus are you aware of this issue?

UPDATE...

It seems this new bios is not working correctly with Bit locker encryption, With it disabled the PC is now booting up fine.


I also encounter problems. I have my memories overclocked at 3000MHz with 16-16-36-2N. Mine defaults are at 2666MHz with 15-15-35-2N. I have no problems with all BIOSes, including BIOS 1901 beta. I can start the computer. With 1902, no. It tells me that the computer did not start due to instabilities. Putting the memories to 2666Mhz, it starts without any problem.

I have subjected my ram memories to a test with MEMTEST PRO by hcidesign and for several hours I have not encountered any problems.

Kazuma88 wrote:
I also encounter problems. I have my memories overclocked at 3000MHz with 16-16-36-2N. Mine defaults are at 2666MHz with 15-15-35-2N. I have no problems with all BIOSes, including BIOS 1901 beta. I can start the computer. With 1902, no. It tells me that the computer did not start due to instabilities. Putting the memories to 2666Mhz, it starts without any problem.

I have subjected my ram memories to a test with MEMTEST PRO by hcidesign and for several hours I have not encountered any problems.


That is a strange one if mem tests are passing, I'd put that down to a bug with the bios maybe, I can't have bitlocker enabled with this bios or it won't boot properly.