cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESIZE BAR for Z370/Z390 chipset

fred16
Level 7
Good afternoon,

I would like to know if a BIOS update will be released for the z370 / z380 motherboards with RESIZE BAR option?

Thanks
greetings
644 REPLIES 644

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Local holiday here and in TW, so took a bit of time to get back. I've heard the timeline for Z370 and Z390 is late April to early May.

Oh yes!!!!! Thank you ðŸ™� Â*

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Local holiday here and in TW, so took a bit of time to get back. I've heard the timeline for Z370 and Z390 is late April to early May.

really good news, hope you had a good holiday!

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:

Why did the Z370 get resizable BAR support but not the X370? This is really annoying. The $350 flagship X370 board I bought (Crosshair VI Extreme) has apparently been intentionally skipped over and there's no technical reason it can't support resizable BAR. ASROCK updated their X370 boards with resizable BAR a while ago I believe. This is probably the last time I buy an Asus motherboard.

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello

It is very minor, but I found a bug in the Strix z370-I Gaming 3003 Beta Version bios and I don't know how to report it other than to you here.
If you change the state of the Rebar option, that change is not listed in the changed settings prompt when you exit, if it is the only thing changed it tells you that you have not made any changes.

DirtyMacho
Level 7
Based on the article or nvidia release is that only 10th gen and 11th Intel chipset will support and 8th gen coffe lake or 9th gen wont have support

“Intel has been working with NVIDIA to enable Resizable BAR, an advanced PCI-Express technology, across the PC ecosystem,” said Fredrik Hamberger, GM of Premium & Enthusiast Laptop Segments at Intel. “This feature can give gamers an extra boost in gameplay FPS on Intel’s new 11th generation H/S and select 10th generation systems when paired with supported graphics cards, including NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs.”

DirtyMacho wrote:
Based on the article or nvidia release is that only 10th gen and 11th Intel chipset will support and 8th gen coffe lake or 9th gen wont have support

“Intel has been working with NVIDIA to enable Resizable BAR, an advanced PCI-Express technology, across the PC ecosystem,� said Fredrik Hamberger, GM of Premium & Enthusiast Laptop Segments at Intel. “This feature can give gamers an extra boost in gameplay FPS on Intel’s new 11th generation H/S and select 10th generation systems when paired with supported graphics cards, including NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs.�

This feature is part of PCI-E standard so I think its not matter what "recent" CPU you have.

And see who says that statement? It just Intel marketing speaking. You need buy these new hardware to take advantage of this this feature. Statement was true then but when motherboard manufactures started to implement this to old motherboards that statement is not valid anymore. Intel probably not happy about it but we buying customers are who still has good working hardware but support stops too soon and now we get this feature to some EOL products also.

And why bring this feature to old MB´s that doest support 10/11th gen cpu anyway think about it @DirtyMacho

So no updates are planned for z390. I read other manufacturers like mis or gigabytes have updated their z390 for it, that's very disappointing if asus does not and it shows that this brand isn't supportive to their customers trying to push them to upgrade, it's a shame

Is the Z390 support discontinued?

Already selling my Asus prime z370-A and buying another z370 but from another vendor of course, or maybe i should just buy a h310 from MSI? Because yeah, they updated even their low end h310 mobos, thats a very good customer support.

This overrated and overpriced brand will never get another cent from me.

Rlin
Level 7
Nvidia 3000 series will get a VBIOS update in late March for the Founder's Edition. For 3rd party cards you gotta check with them. Evga confirm late March as well.

https://forums.evga.com/Resizable-BAR-Support-VBIOS-Update-m3199475.aspx#3229308

Post number 10.

I'm hoping my Z370 Hero will support it. I figure if it has above 4g decoding option available it should support Resize Bar.

Hi,
I read somewhere on this thread that Z390/z370 are EOL. Although this probably is true MSI just launched a bios update enabling the resizable bar feature on all their z370/z390 motherboards. So i hope asus follow the same route.