cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESIZE BAR for Z370/Z390 chipset

fred16
Level 7
Good afternoon,

I would like to know if a BIOS update will be released for the z370 / z380 motherboards with RESIZE BAR option?

Thanks
greetings
644 REPLIES 644

Hi,
I updated the Bios and set the Option "Above 4G Decoding". But I cannot see an Option for the resizable bar?
I know the I9 9900k CPU is not officially supported, but I read that many articles about tests with this option and this cpu...
Any hints?

Thanks a lot and best regards!

I found my failure... i flashed the bios in windows... it said it was successful, but it wasn't... it was still my old bios alive... after flashing it from the bios itself, everything worked fine!

Heya,

Im z390-F gaming owner with an i9 9900 k.

if you did the Firmware update proper for your board then it is here look maybe try switching to advanced mode and navigating to Advanced / PCI Subsystem Settings then:

tadekm wrote:
Downloaded BIOS from link above, and EzFlash says Reading failed!

Just checked the link and the BIOS file is correct, maybe something wrong on your end?
Have you copied the bios on a fat32 formatted usb stick?
Always follow this procedure when flashing your bios.

1st make sure you have your usb stick plugged in one of the back preferably usb 2.0 ports then load optimized defaults save exit and renter bios.
Now go into EZ Flash select update from storage device select your usb drive with the bios and proceed flashing ,once finished your pc will restart and re enter bios.
Load optimized defults save and exit ,upon restart enter BIOS once again to tweak back your settings.

If it is still failing to read the file maybe ASUS posted a corrupted or wrong file ? I don't know I am just guessing here, i don't own an STRIX Z370-E GAMING to test and confirm all of the above.

Just trying to help.

Please report back if you got it working....

serom
Level 7
Merci beaucoup !!

reddeath
Level 9
Will there be an official BIOS released, or will ASUS leave it as beta forever?

Is there a full guide of all steps needed to enable REBAR? Someone mentioned a requirement for GPT disk formatting in this thread ??

reddeath wrote:

in may

reddeath wrote:

Is there a full guide of all steps needed to enable REBAR? Someone mentioned a requirement for GPT disk formatting in this thread ??

yes you will need a GPT section
everything is very easy, if you want to save data to your hard drive, you need to download the WinPE10 live CD and install it on a flash drive, boot from the flash drive and change the partition through the MiniTool Partition Wizard 12 program, maybe it will work with the Acronis Disk Director

reddeath wrote:

See guide here
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Don't know if it is this latest beta bios but youtube on google chrome just hangs and when checking in task manager memory use keep going up

when tested on firefox there was not that problem and my MB is z390-f gaming

sikapossu wrote:
Don't know if it is this latest beta bios but youtube on google chrome just hangs and when checking in task manager memory use keep going up

when tested on firefox there was not that problem and my MB is z390-f gaming

No such issue on my end. Try verify your installation. (Browser/Nvidia drivers.) Refer to guide in nvidia forums, using DDU. You know that usual stuff check your drivers etc...