cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESIZE BAR for Z370/Z390 chipset

fred16
Level 7
Good afternoon,

I would like to know if a BIOS update will be released for the z370 / z380 motherboards with RESIZE BAR option?

Thanks
greetings
644 REPLIES 644

Jesseinsf wrote:
Yes, Gigabyte did add the Resize BAR to their Z390 motherboards in their latest BIOS. However, if you look at the last time they updated the BIOS prior to this update, you will see that it has been over a Year. Asus on the other hand is still updating their BIOS for Z390. My point is, you will eventually get the Resize BAR and possibly a few more updates after that, and Asus seems to have 12+ more months of support than Gigabyte.

Gigabyte updates their bios several times in a year. If you look at the dates on a Z390 Master you would think its over a year. The F10 bios showing 2019 was updated in beta form with a letter before becoming F10 final and now F11 is the beta and every time its updated, they just delete it and add the new beta version with date released, so it looks like its been over a year, but its been updated several times already with the date rolling forwards. Their site lists F11n as latest, but the latest is F11o , which I have two versions, but not on the official page yet.

MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC released bios 2021-02-17 Resizable BAR I wonder why only asus pulls with this?

Jesseinsf wrote:
Yes, Gigabyte did add the Resize BAR to their Z390 motherboards in their latest BIOS. However, if you look at the last time they updated the BIOS prior to this update, you will see that it has been over a Year. Asus on the other hand is still updating their BIOS for Z390. My point is, you will eventually get the Resize BAR and possibly a few more updates after that, and Asus seems to have 12+ more months of support than Gigabyte.

I sit on BIOS 1302 2019/09/11 and I think it is the fastest, most stable and not killed by ME, and this is confirmed even by Geekbench 5 and I hope to modify these new functions on 1302 as well if possible

Would really like to see ASUS release this for Z370.

i7 8700k with 6800XT here

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello, updates for additional rebar support are in the pipeline. Worth pointing out, unless you're using an AMD GPU, it's not even possible to reap any benefits by enabling SAM support at this time on NVIDIA cards.

@Silent Scone: Any ETA for the rBAR bios update for Z390 (Maximus XI Hero)?

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Any platforms or boards which are not listed below are not part of the announcement or TBA at a later date.

So which one is it?
We already know "they're not part of the announcement".

We need confirmation about Z370/Z390 being "in the works" to decide if we should wait for a new BIOS or just never buy an ASUS mobo again.

Truly bizarre that they'd update all of these models and leave out two of the most popular chipsets utilized by gamers today, unlike their competitors. Just flushing consumer loyalty down the drain.

EXPERIMENTONGOD wrote:
So which one is it?
We already know "they're not part of the announcement".

We need confirmation about Z370/Z390 being "in the works" to decide if we should wait for a new BIOS or just never buy an ASUS mobo again.

Local holiday here and in TW, so took a bit of time to get back. I've heard the timeline for Z370 and Z390 is late April to early May.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Just want to add my voice to this discussion as a long time Asus board user and advocate for client builds; if Asus doesn't at least announce that these updates are coming soon, I will transition my multiple systems and change my recommendation for motherboard vendors going forward.

There is no excuse for this. No excuse for X299 getting ReBar before Z370/Z390 even have the updates confirmed. No excuse for companies like AsRock and EVGA to be beating ASUS to the punch with this in the motherboard space. You are supposed to be a premium vendor, yet you are handling this like amateurs. Do better.
13900KS / Z790 HERO / 64GB 6400MHz C32 / 4090 FE

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Local holiday here and in TW, so took a bit of time to get back. I've heard the timeline for Z370 and Z390 is late April to early May.

Dear Lord, finally!

So i can sit back and relax and of course stay with my favorite Brand: ASUS 🙂