cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESIZE BAR for Z370/Z390 chipset

fred16
Level 7
Good afternoon,

I would like to know if a BIOS update will be released for the z370 / z380 motherboards with RESIZE BAR option?

Thanks
greetings
644 REPLIES 644

Yakumo wrote:
That's fantastic news, I hope z370 boards are included in that.

Yes, as the VBIOS updates and GPU drivers needed for it have yet to be released, Nvidia's update indicated this would be in March.

“Intel has been working with NVIDIA to enable Resizable BAR, an advanced PCI-Express technology, across the PC ecosystem,� said Fredrik Hamberger, GM of Premium & Enthusiast Laptop Segments at Intel. “This feature can give gamers an extra boost in gameplay FPS on Intel’s new 11th generation H/S and select 10th generation systems when paired with supported graphics cards, including NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs.�

Does that implies 8 gen wont benifit on resize bar effect and only amd can ?

First, thanks Asus! 🙂

DirtyMacho wrote:

Does that implies 8 gen wont benifit on resize bar effect and only amd can ?

Don't think so because we're talking Z370/Z390 chipset after all, which is targeting 8th and 9th gen, right?

Please add resizable BAR support for Z390 APEX Maximus XI board thanks

Tergon wrote:
Please add resizable BAR support for Z390 APEX Maximus XI board thanks

Like Tergon, I'm patiently awaiting a BIOS update for my Z390 Maximus XI Apex motherboard.

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello, updates for additional rebar support are in the pipeline. Worth pointing out, unless you're using an AMD GPU, it's not even possible to reap any benefits by enabling SAM support at this time on NVIDIA cards.

Hi Silent Scone,

Thank you for this pleasant news.

I presume which chipset based motherboards supported by this wave of BIOS update is still being discussed (apart from Intel 4xx/5xx series chipset based motherboards support already announced and already effective via BIOS update), and you are probably heading for support identical to competitors (i.e. Z390, H370, B360 & H310), but be aware that if ASUS dig a little lower for Z370 chipset based motherboards users, that would be great move (although I doubt that is the case given that Z370 chipset based motherboards have been EOL longer than Z390 chipset based motherboards).

@ Everyone : Hi.

Don't be in a hurry, feel happy that it's in the pipeline, as Silent Scone indicates, there are conditions to make the Rezize BAR effective :

- BIOS : BIOS containing the Resize BAR option, and that must be enabled.
- Drivers : Drivers supporting Resize BAR (NVIDIA : March 2021 / AMD : Current one).
- GPU Support : GPU supporting Resize BAR (NVIDIA : RTX 3060 Natively, RTX 30xx via VBIOS update from March 2021 / AMD : RX 6xxx).

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello, updates for additional rebar support are in the pipeline. Worth pointing out, unless you're using an AMD GPU, it's not even possible to reap any benefits by enabling SAM support at this time on NVIDIA cards.

Great news! If possible, it would be great if this could be brought to the z370 platform.

Bump.

Any news on z370 BAR update???

I know I'm one of few but I have never really been a massive ROG fanboy. I always thought their stuff was kinda cool but always found better performing options or options priced more competitively from other manufacturers. I like the Maximus Formula I picked up for my 9900K because it was on sale for quite a good deal due to it being outdated at a random retailer I found. I picked up a ROG LC 360 and a pair of Deltas for some really good prices as well.

With all this being said, I'm sorely disappointed and I'm definitely not going to be buying ROG hardware in the future. Again, I'm probably in the minority but I'm sure others are feeling the same way as me. Part of my reasoning for the acquisition of this board was because I thought ASUS would be the first vendor to update the BIOS but somehow Gigabyte was. It stings more due to the fact that I'd been using an AORUS Master for the longest time. I do own an RX 6900 XT and owned a 6800 before that. I prefer the gaming experience offered by these cards for more than what was experienced with the 3080 I owned. Obviously, my opinion is purely subjective, but I don't think RX 6000 card owners are that few and far between seeing as they're far less efficient at ETH mining.

Affxct wrote:
I know I'm one of few but I have never really been a massive ROG fanboy. I always thought their stuff was kinda cool but always found better performing options or options priced more competitively from other manufacturers. I like the Maximus Formula I picked up for my 9900K because it was on sale for quite a good deal due to it being outdated at a random retailer I found. I picked up a ROG LC 360 and a pair of Deltas for some really good prices as well.

With all this being said, I'm sorely disappointed and I'm definitely not going to be buying ROG hardware in the future. Again, I'm probably in the minority but I'm sure others are feeling the same way as me. Part of my reasoning for the acquisition of this board was because I thought ASUS would be the first vendor to update the BIOS but somehow Gigabyte was. It stings more due to the fact that I'd been using an AORUS Master for the longest time. I do own an RX 6900 XT and owned a 6800 before that. I prefer the gaming experience offered by these cards for more than what was experienced with the 3080 I owned. Obviously, my opinion is purely subjective, but I don't think RX 6000 card owners are that few and far between seeing as they're far less efficient at ETH mining.

It doesn't matter one bit who was first to implement it. It matters that they do it, and the announcement that it is in fact in the works is great news. Even if it doesn't buy us much (testing has shown some benefits on other manufacturer's z390s), it is still a gesture of support and it's appreciated.

Affxct wrote:

Yes, Gigabyte did add the Resize BAR to their Z390 motherboards in their latest BIOS. However, if you look at the last time they updated the BIOS prior to this update, you will see that it has been over a Year. Asus on the other hand is still updating their BIOS for Z390. My point is, you will eventually get the Resize BAR and possibly a few more updates after that, and Asus seems to have 12+ more months of support than Gigabyte.