RAMPAGE IV reading over voltages!!! and get past bios!!! pls help

TehMaDDaNgLeR
Level 7
i7-4820k CPU
Rampage IV Extreme MOBO
32GB g.skill trident x 2400mhz RAM
290x single GPU
Corsair AX 1200
GPU and CPU are liquid cooled with XSPC kit.. currently all overclocks are off due to problems

I custom built this PC back in January. It's been running great for 6 months up until 3 days ago. Just moved into a new house set up the PC in the basement. I had the PC idling for a day or two before i got to finally game. After 3-4 hours of playing D3 it crashed on me so i booted back up only to cash within minutes then within seconds up until it wouldn't boot windows at all. After playing with the power (unplugging and what not) i finally got it to reboot only to be told "Power supply surges detected during the previous....." "Asus anti-surge war triggered...."and "CPU over voltage error!". So next i went into the bios to find out anything i could. Under the monitoring tab i found my CPU voltage is at 1.660v and in red, the 3.3v is reading at 3.008v, the 5v is reading at 10.08, and the 12v is at 21.120v. (all other voltages appear normal). My next step was to test the PSU with a multimeter and all voltages were within 3 % of their tolerances. I'm clueless as to what i need to troubleshoot next. I've already pulled the CPU off and inspected and reseated it. I've tested each ram stick individually and all are fine. If someone could help me out it would be great as ive been reading every forum i can find with similar problems but i still havent resolved my problem. Ive also flashed 3 different bios', none helping my situation.
37 REPLIES 37

TehMaDDaNgLeR
Level 7
Yeah... It's not a typo. I was over 1.8 ghz with step up active. It was running @4.5 ghz but only @21 degrees cel. I m using windows seven. After work I'll flash 1404 and give it a try. And I've also already done the hard reset on the CMOS by removing the battery. Should I reset the CMOS again befor flashing 1404?
And as for the sound problem, I've tried reinstalling drivers once already with no luck but I'll attempt again after I flash 1404. I get static when I plug the headset in but Realtek doesn't recognize anything plugged it at all. And AI suit II is what is reading vcore at 1.8+ And 3.3v @ 3v , 5v @10v and 12v @21+

TehMaDDaNgLeR
Level 7
I've also tried 2 PSU so far. Both I pre tested with a multimeter at idle and with a load. Both worked fine but the bios displayed similar bizarre voltages for each.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You are seeing these voltages in bios?

Please try this for me.

Clear CMOS

Use the USB flashback method and flash to 1404.

Now do not change anything in bios and go to OS.

Download HWmonitor.

Uninstall all other monitoring software that you may be using.

Post a screen shot of your system info using HWmonitor.

I will check back a little later.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

TehMaDDaNgLeR
Level 7
im having one hell of a time rolling back to 1404. it doesnt want to accept it. Im using a USB in the back and it flashes only 5 times then boots 4901 or w.e i have. Im losing my mind over this computer :mad:

kawasakizx10rr
Level 8

TehMaDDaNgLeR
Level 7

TehMaDDaNgLeR
Level 7
yea and its just the file.. does the file need to be in a folder?

kawasakizx10rr
Level 8
no just in the root . so no folder . what is your current bios version 4901 ?

so your going back to ROM from CAP .

TehMaDDaNgLeR
Level 7
yea.. im trying to.. still cant. it only tries for maybe 3 seconds then the lights go out

TehMaDDaNgLeR
Level 7
and still no volume after installing all new drivers.. just static in the headset or on speakers