cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Fan Control

InoSiX
Level 7
I seem to be having trouble controlling my PWM pumps inside windows. I have no interest in using the bios do this for me, and want to make the adjustments in the OS. Using Speedfan, adjusting say the CPU fan speed (I have a pump connected there), does not seem to affect the pump at all.

Is it related to settings in the bios?
7 REPLIES 7

mrmojorisin
Level 10
Most, if not all, AIO (all in one) liquid coolers do not vary their pump speed. You didn't specify what type of cooler you are using so I apologize if this response is not applicable.

chrisnyc75
Level 12
It's more likely your fan isn't PWM enabled, see the explanation in the link below, it may help:

http://www.swiftech.com/pwmcontrollers.aspx
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

I actually have one of Swiftech items, the apogee drive II with a MCP35X on it. I have it plugged in on the CPU pin on the motherboard. The device itself is powered by molex, but also has a 4 pin connector that is on the CPU fan pin header. Additionally, I have two more pwm MCP35X on the OPT 1 fan header. I cannot control any of them. I have tried disabling all points in Q fan under the fan option in the menu. Is there something I am doing wrong?

InoSiX wrote:
I actually have one of Swiftech items, the apogee drive II with a MCP35X on it. I have it plugged in on the CPU pin on the motherboard. The device itself is powered by molex, but also has a 4 pin connector that is on the CPU fan pin header. Additionally, I have two more pwm MCP35X on the OPT 1 fan header. I cannot control any of them. I have tried disabling all points in Q fan under the fan option in the menu. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Did you ever come to a satisfactory solution? I too have struggled with speedfan to no avail.
Intel 3770K 4.4ghz, 1.24v. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Intel 4930k 4.7ghz 1.37v........AMD 7800x3D async 104
32 gGSkill DR3Trident 2400mhz 1.65v. . . .32 g 1866 Vengeance Pro.......64 g Hynix 6200
ASUS M5G. Noctua D14. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . H110. Noctua A14x4.............Arctic 420
prime95 stable 78degrees. . . . . . . . . . . . . IBT 75 degrees
OCZ V4 OS. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . EVO 1TB...............................WDSN850x 2TB
Seasonic 700w. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1200AX.................................HX1200i
All tucked into Lian Li A05. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Fractal Midiv2......................BeQuiet802

What will replace ASUS AI Suite for fans control on ASUS Rampage IV?

I installed some extra PMW-fans in the case. Naturally, there was noise 🙂
In the BIOS settings, I set the SILENCE presets for most of the fans, but this did not help - it's still noisy.

How can I control the fans speed in real time on ASUS Rampage IV?

I fixed it.

qzack wrote:

In the BIOS settings, I set the SILENCE presets for most of the fans, but this did not help - it's still noisy.

The fact is that I started with BIOS 2 and the fans control did not work. But when I switched to BIOS 1, the fans control parameters set are working.
It's weird why it didn't work on BIOS 2.

Also, thank you for that reply. Although I have seen that exact page before, I do appreciate the effort.