cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extreme wont run any 10gbit adapters

kevin666a
Level 7
infiniband and myricom adapters will not work. causes the system to crash or freeze during driver installation.

i figure'd i would create a new thread about this, as the last one i made was mislabeled.

i wasted $100 on a set of myricom adapters thinking the issue was related to the infiniband drivers. wrong. this motherboard is junk or the developers haven't even tested any addon cards with this board. either way this is a joke. completely unacceptable from asus
20 REPLIES 20

HiVizMan
Level 40
Have you tested with only one VGA?

I know that there is a problem when you run dual VGA and add on cards.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i only have one gtx 680. i just tried 4 different configurations with the gpu/10gbit card. same thing. one of the lights on the 10gbit card just blinks while the computer is frozen, like its in some sort of initialization loop. i also tried forcing pci-e 2.0. same problem with the infiniband adapter.

the 10gbit myricom card i have is brand new, i put it in my spare computer to test and it works great just like the infiniband.

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is rubbish that they do not work. Let me bump this one more time to the engineers.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

thanks, i totally agree.

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
kevin666a wrote:
infiniband and myricom adapters will not work. causes the system to crash or freeze during driver installation.

i figure'd i would create a new thread about this, as the last one i made was mislabeled.

i wasted $100 on a set of myricom adapters thinking the issue was related to the infiniband drivers. wrong. this motherboard is junk or the developers haven't even tested any addon cards with this board. either way this is a joke. completely unacceptable from asus

I also have similar problems like I installed Win 7 and then restarted and save restore point then I would install Asus installation drivers and applications then I'd restart it and create a restore point. Then I'd install my EVGA 560 Ti then restart it and I would see a Win 7 logo when it restarted then the screen went black and then I tried to hook up the monitor with VGA display and DVI display like Dell Ultrasharp 17" then it would also show it detects signal but still in black screen... And I'd uninstall the driver or reinstall them but the main problem is that I cannot see it... lol

And I only have a laptop Mac Book Pro 2007 edition so I cannot use it for remote PC through RoG Connect because I don't think Win 7 would install such outdated Mac Book and I only have one installation license for Win 7 lol...
ASUS Entheustic <3r MOBO RIG: First RIG first custom built myself...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000

I just wanted to state that i am using an intel 520 10gbit adapter without issue.
Asus RIV Extreme
3960x
32 GB .Skill 2133 ripjaws (F3-1700CL9Q2-32GBZH)
WC 7970
Ocz Revodrive 3 x2
AX1200 PSU
Custom Water Loop
Build Pics

cryptz wrote:
I just wanted to state that i am using an intel 520 10gbit adapter without issue.

what os and bios? i don't have $600 to spend on two of those cards. my infiniband and myricom adapters work great in everything else.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah that does change things substantially. Thank you for sharing cryptz, did you have to set anything different in your BIOS or OS.

And what OS are you using?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Not many folks do have that kind of money it is true. But it does seem to indicate that a 10GBit adaptor has worked on the motherboard.

The trick is finding out why that adaptor and not the two you tried to use. 🙂