cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage iv extreme slow boot issue

silenthkr
Level 7
just upgraded to a new system, and having slow boot issues..

all parts arnt even 48 hrs old,,

Rampage iv extreme

intel I7 3820 3.6 cpu

G skill 16 gb mem

Asus GTX680 2gb video

OCZ 700w ps

Asus dvd rom sata

Win 7 pro 64

WD velociraptor hdd sata

my old 775 puts this to shame for booting,, that's sad,,, had a 45 sec boot,,,, now 3 min

updated bios,, installed current drivers,,mem ok,,,, and so on,, still nothing...

ive always bought asus,, never had an issue till this board,,,,

HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!
18 REPLIES 18

Retired
Not applicable
Take a dive into bios.. ;o)

3 min ?, is not very nice.. HW ok?

I say u got a prob somewhere in the system..

I am geeting slower boot up as compared R3E. Not sure if the IRSTe are the one slowing the syetem boot time as I read report about IRSTe boot slower than original IRST. Correct me if I am wrong about it.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Check and see if you have any USB devices attached when you boot, and if you only have hdd connected to the INTEL port disable the other SATA controller.

Oh and what is the Q-code two digit number when it is hanging for so long?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

bios is up to date, 1404

AA for post

no usb at boot

silenthkr wrote:
bios is up to date, 1404

AA for post

no usb at boot
No. It's too old. Let's try 2105c man. Extremely fastest boot bios ever made for RIVE. 😮
Intel Core i7 3960X 😮 C2 SR0KF 😮 @3.3GHz ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME BIOS 3602 03/15/2013 16 GB GSKILL ZL 9-9-9-24-1T @1600MHz Quad Channel HIS HD7979 1050MHz GPU 1500MHz DDR5 120GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SATA 6Gbps ASUS 24X DVD Corsair AX750 WINDOWS 8 PRO X64 6.2.9200.16384 RELEASE😮

R4E3960X wrote:
No. It's too old. Let's try 2105c man. Extremely fastest boot bios ever made for RIVE. 😮

No. The post is too old. 2105 didn't exist when he posted. Necromancy is involved 😉
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thank you.

Please select your B bios and see if the problem remains.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

slow boot remains,,, switching over didn't help...

xeromist
Perhaps a memory issue. Try removing all but one stick.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…