cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extreme Power Connectors Are They All Needed

Spencer1990
Level 7
Hi there I just installed my Rampage IV Extreme motherboard and there are so many power connectors just wondering if it best to use all them. At the top of the board is a 4 pin and 8 pin with half blocked off but can be removed to use as 8 pin, and at the side a 4 pin for ram and 6 pin for pci express slots. Just wondering if all are required or what. I'm running 3930k+Rampage IV Exteme+ 32GB G.Skill 2133 DDR3 . Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Gianola
Level 7
Spencer1990 wrote:
Hi there I just installed my Rampage IV Extreme motherboard and there are so many power connectors just wondering if it best to use all them. At the top of the board is a 4 pin and 8 pin with half blocked off but can be removed to use as 8 pin, and at the side a 4 pin for ram and 6 pin for pci express slots. Just wondering if all are required or what. I'm running 3930k+Rampage IV Exteme+ 32GB G.Skill 2133 DDR3 . Thanks

you need connect only one cable 8 pin or 4 pin

LiveOrDie
Level 11
the single 4 pin gives extra power to the cpu so it doesn't have to be used but i use it, the 8 pin is the same only a 4 pin plug is requested to power the motherboard, but i use all available power connectors on the board because i my PSU support it.