cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extreme Help

QuantumCola
Level 7
Hey,

I was hoping for some help, I've looked through the forum and have seen all the responses related to problems similar that I am facing but have yet to prevail in any breakthrough. I've finally managed to get my new build all organised and ready to start after months of collecting parts and well when it came to the time of the build it worked without a hiccup which for a first build i was quite happy until well now it refuses to boot and all i seem to get from the board is the Dram LED light constantly shining and 0C appearing on the Debug Lights 😞

I have tried many things that have appeared on the forum such as stripping out the motherboard and other components from the case and then resetting the CMOS and BIOS, using the bare essentials (CPU, Ram, GPU) yet still nothing, just hoping something else could be recommended :confused:

My Setup

NZXT Phantom
Intel i7 3820
Corsair Vengeance LP 4 X 4GB (Quad Channel)
Corsair Vengeance LP 2 X 4GB (Dual Channel)
Corsair H100
Very Lame GeForce 8600GT
Corsair TX750M
Generic 1TB HDD

Many Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Depending how old your motherboard is, and what shipping BIOS it came with you might find you need to flash your BIOS to a compatible version.

Look on the sata connectors near the 24 pin power connector the white sticker. The last four digits are your shipping bios. Then compare that with the QVL on the motherboard support page for the correct first supported bios.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

QuantumCola
Level 7
Thanks for the quick reply,

I only received the Mobo September last year and checked the Bios which was shipped with 2002 and checked the website which recommended the latest update 3301, I have updated my Mobo hopefully haha to this but still it isn't budging

SUKARA
Level 10
We suggest you can help to sent the motherboard to detail repair first..
asus service center contact information:
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes based on what you have described please do RMA the motherboard.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

QuantumCola
Level 7
Argh gutted, Well thank you for your help hopefully i can get this sorted it out soon!

Many Thanks Again!

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
Wow that's a few with 0C POST failure now - lately. Looks like there could've been a bad production batch to me. But bad what? CPU or mobo? Haven't seen that feedback yet.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.

HiVizMan
Level 40
HW it happens mate, there are weeks with only problems with one aspect or other. It kinds of goes like that, cycles or trends.