cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extreme Bluetooth RoG Connect

aznsteil
Level 7
Hey guys,

like many users here having problems with the board, I'm one of them. And if somebody knows the solution, he, or she could post it for me 🙂
I've already read the guide of this website.

I've got the Rampage IV Extreme and I want to connect my Smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S) with my board. Don't ask me for reasons, I just want to try it, and if it's comfortable for me I will use it. Didn't paid for features which I do not test it at least one time.

My current system:

• Asus Rampage IV Extreme BF3 Edition
  • Intel Core I7 3820
  • Crucial M4 64 GB
  • Asus 560 TI Direct CU II
  • Enermax 1000w Platimax

My smartphone:

• Samsung Galaxy S
  • Firmware 2.3.3 (via Kies)
  • No root, no modifications

What I did:

• Enabled Bluetooth Controller in Bios
  • Installed Bluetooth driver and software, downloaded from Asus.com
  • Installed the RoG Connect Plus software, downloaded from Asus.com
  • Paired my Smartphone with my board
  • Installed RC Bluetooth on my Android Device
  • Select my Computer in the App List

Now it seems I'm connected and I can see the Voltages and Temperatures correctly. Monitoring is running very well. What I can not is to overclock via my phone. The are no adjustment to raise the Voltage, the Core clock or the Ratio. RC Poster and RC Remote doesn't seem to work, too.

Did I missed anything? Any solutions?

Greetings aznsteil
5 REPLIES 5

Menthol
Level 14
Thought I may save HiVizMan some trouble and duplicate this for you. I gave this a shot with my Galaxy Nexus and even though my phone is connected via Bluetooth the App won't connect even though it see's my motherboard, maybe it's an ice-cream sandwich compatibility thing don't know. On another note, the EVGA precision app works fantastic, can overclock and monitor my GTX 680's just fine.

I have the exact same problem... I can monitor everything on the motherboard, temps, cpu speed, voltages, fan speed... but the overclock section is totaly empty...

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2 X (Hercules) with Android 2.3.6 on a custom rom.
I also tried with my HP Touchpad which is running Android 4.0.3 (ICS) and i get the same exact result...

So anyone that can use the overclock section of the Android App... please tell us how...
Rampage IV Extreme (4802) + Core i7-3930K @ 4.3GHZ + Corsair H100i Push Config.
VCore = 1.33v | LLC = Auto | VTT = 1.10v | 2nd VTT = Auto | VCCSA = 1.10v | PLL = 1.78125v
G.Skill Ripjawz Z 32GB DDR3-1866 @ 1866 (8x4gb) Using XMP profile#1
Dual Corsair Force GT 120gb Raid-0 Sata 6G RSTe + 1TB WD Blue Sata 6G ASMedia
Dual Sapphire Radeon 6870 xfire - Cooler Master Cosmos II Case
PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKII 950w power supply.
Dell 2709WFP LCD Monitor (1920x1200) - Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Menthol wrote:
Thought I may save HiVizMan some trouble and duplicate this for you. I gave this a shot with my Galaxy Nexus and even though my phone is connected via Bluetooth the App won't connect even though it see's my motherboard, maybe it's an ice-cream sandwich compatibility thing don't know. On another note, the EVGA precision app works fantastic, can overclock and monitor my GTX 680's just fine.

You are so on my Christmas card list. Yeah I have the same issue. I did manage to connect via my iPad mind you. I really do not know if the issue is with the Android device or with the software. My guess is a bit of both, heavy on the software.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hey thank you all for your quick answers!

But what does it mean for the users with this problem now? Wait for an update of the app (IOS, Android ...)? And if it's caused by the software, shouldn't be all devices get the same problem? There are still a huge amount of devices which run without problems.

I've read the users manual twice yesterday, but did not find anything of the Bluetooth RoG Connection, only about the USB RoG.
-> no official feature?

Greetings aznsteil

Hello, any workaround for this issue? I still expierience the exact same problem. No Overclocking section in RC bluetooth. Monitor works fine. My phone is an galaxy s2 with android 2.3.4.
I nearly tried everything for about one Day. Nothing seems to help. Mobilink is the latest version, Bluetooth driver updatet and installed, Bios updatet to 2105, Lan driver updatet to the latest Version as mentioned in the installation notes for rc bluetooth and of course hours of searching Google. For some people it seems to work flawless on the Rampage IV Extreme but not on my one... Did anyone managed to get this thing working here? so please let me know how.
Thx in advance