cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extreme bios 1101 problem

jueho
Level 7
Why I was use 1101 bios to play battlefield 3 have this picture problem..
but I use 0703 bios not have this problem..
What can I do..
Thank You everyone
35 REPLIES 35

HiVizMan
Level 40
Spoony roll back to 1005 and see how that works for you. I did not get much joy out of 1101 for some reason.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Spoony
Level 8
right to the one who asked AGAIN what video card i have, do you not actually read the forum and post or do you just have a selective memory ?

2nd of all to that person you REALLY need to read my post fully since its not just a MAP it happens on its MANY MANY MANY things in DIFFERENT GAMES or PROGRAMS.

HiVizMan ive already gone back to 1005 and all is working as normal no problems no issues all is good and kicking ass graphics fine and just done 2 hours of video rendering and also alittle BF3 and Dirt 3 and its like no problems have ever happened.

mdzcpa
Level 12
As they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Unless your running 7970s the move to 1101 isn't needed. There is nothing significant in that BIOS except for 7970 PCIE tuning. I would suspect that in future BIOS releases they will be able to incorporate 7970 tuning along with compatbility for non PCIE 3.0 cards, and you would be able to enjoy any additional performance related enhancements released. I'd sit at 1005 until things are sort out further.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Running 1005 with 7970 goodness no problem so far.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

But to put the old BIOS, EZ-FLASH works?

HiViMan wrote:
Running 1005 with 7970 goodness no problem so far.

I'm not having problems with 1011, but I do think I lost a little of the top end of my overclock. Seems that last 100mhz is giveing me some issues now.

Do you know of any folks running 1005 with 7970 crossfire? Maybe I should roll back and test??

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes not a problem.

EZ Flash is a good way to update the bios? Or are there other systems?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah you can do it via OS if you like. I do not like that route, call me old fashioned but I still recall too many horror stories about messed up bios flashes from the OS.

Think it is also possible to do a bios revert using a USB stick and the ROG connect button. There is a thread some place about it.

if you are thinking of rolling back your BIOS then.

USB BIOS Flashback
No worry of BIOS crash anytime!
USB BIOS Flashback must be the most convenient way to flash BIOS ever! It allows overclockers to try their BIOS with the simplist way one can imagine. No need to enter the BIOS or the operating system, just plug the thumb drive into the ROG Connect port & push the ROG Connect button for 2 seconds, BIOS would be automatically flashed under standby power. It´s no doubt that USB BIOS Flashback gives overclockers the ultimate convenience!

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

So basically, I formatted a USB flash drive, insert the bios. I turn off the computer and after a few seconds, I click the button behind the motherboard. How do I know that flash?