cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Black Edition - Q Code "00" and Cpu Led is always "On"

Ogzhnayrncglu
Level 7
Hi everyone,

My PC was unplugged for a while. I didnt use it about a week and when i start, it was running 1-2 sec and was restarting itself. There is no display on monitor. So i checked all of potential problems that was written in the forums. And it starts now but cant open, there is no activity, no HDD reading no display etc. And ofcouse the Q CODE.. Its "00" now. And the "Cpu Led" on mobo is "On" continuously.

- Checked Bios (When i pick bios chip off on mobo, mobo doesnt start so mobo reads bios) and tried to update it with all official bioses.

-Checked RAM (When i pick them off there is no RAM error, still CPU Led is on) (Change RAM slots tho)

-Checked PSU (My PSU is Corsair Ax 1200i has selftest on itself. It appears that nothing is wrong. Although i checked sockets on PSU and try to change all cable's place to another socket but 24V and nothing changed.)

-Mobo has Q code "00" so i didnt check my display which is Nvidia Asus Mars 760x2. I think its not relevant.

So my question is, if i pick my CPU off from Mobo, shouldnt the Q code changed? Cause when i pick CPU off and the Q Code is still "00"..

Please could someone help me?

My Configuration:

- Rampage IV Black Edition
- Intel 4960x
- Corsair H110 Liquid Cooling System
- Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance DDR3 1866MHz CL9
- Corsair Ax 1200i PSU
- Nvidia Asus Mars 760x2

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

Jollydet
Level 8
are you using displayport connection by any chance? i have had this issue before when using a bad diplayport cable(unknown at the time)

try booting the machine with no dvi/displayport/hdmi cable, then once the machine is booted try connecting it. really strange issue i couldn't believe a bad displayport cable would do that but alas it did.

Hi Jollydet,

When any cable doesnt plug to any display source my PC doesnt boot.. So PC plugged only electricity and it gave again and again Q Code "00", cpu led is on = /