Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Black Edition Not Powering up

DjRavix
Level 10
I Have A Rampage IV Black Edition in my PC
I Shut it down Yesterday and this morning it would do nothing
So The board Seems to get powered (Lights on board turn on)
but when I try to power it up it doesn't do a danm thing

I hear A Click From My PSU and some of the molex connected gear gets power for just a second and than al is of again
No Post, Error beeps and and no Error code showing

So I already removed everything from the board
But it on a box and tried booting it at this state ... No Change
Also Tried Different PSU and Different GFX Card ... No Change
So till so far I do not get whats wrong So I hope somebody over here can help me out with this problem
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280
4 X Corsair SP120 PWM OEM Fans
2 X Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM
2 X Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
2 X Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
1 X Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
42 REPLIES 42

Raja@ASUS wrote:
I would urge you not to. I follow the reasoning but I also don't - three boards in a row is significant and warrants not taking another gamble..

I agree. When I set up the RMA for the RIVE I'll specifically ask if they can tell me whether they sent back the same board "repaired" or a different board altogether on the last RMA. If it's the latter, I'd be more inclined to consider your advice. If, however, they sent back the same board with a new bios chip or whatever, then I'd be inclined to think I've been seeing the same progressive degradation issue on the same board all along.

It's perplexing. I guess it's the karmic price I pay for 5 solid years of absolutely trouble free operation of my previous X58 system (which also used an Asus mobo). Can't win 'em all, I guess. lol
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

chrisnyc75
Level 12
Finished the rebuild last night with all the same components except a new RIVBE instead of my old RIVE and minus one ram module which had discolored pins. I'm happy to report she POSTed like a pro. So it looks like the problem was the RIVE and/or the ram, no idea which failed (or why) and caused the failure in the first place.

In any case, I'm going to run everything at absolute stock settings for a month or two and watch the temps, voltage, etc very carefully just to err on the side of caution.
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thank you for the post back and I sincerely hope the next time you post it is just to say hello... 😄 😄

Now enjoy your system my friend.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.