cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage III Formula major RAID issues

trothad2
Level 7
Well as the title says im having some major issues with my raids on my mobo. I recently had to dismantle my raid 1 that was on the marvel sata6Gbs controller due to faulty drives. After i did that i am no longer able to boot into my main system raid which is on the Intel sata3Gbs controller. The intel raid is intact and i can see my data via a Linux live usb but as for booting into it its a no go. I have no idea what happened and no idea where to go from here. Any help would be much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Praz
Level 13
Hello

If the drives that were connected to the Marvell controller were present when you did the operating system install it's possible that is where the boot files were placed when doing the install. If so once the RAID1 was wiped so were the boot files. Try an install repair using the Windows install disk with only the system RAID drives connected.

trothad2
Level 7
That actually makes perfect sense. Now a repair will not erase my system drive at all correct? just repair the needed windows files to fix the MBR?

trothad2 wrote:
Now a repair will not erase my system drive at all correct? just repair the needed windows files to fix the MBR?

Hello

Yes that should be correct. However it would be prudent to backup any important data beforehand just in case.

trothad2
Level 7
Praz you were correct it for some reason installed the MBR on my storage raid. Thank you so much

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Good to hear it was an easy fix and you're welcome. 🙂