cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage III Extreme won't go past post

Natalia_sky93
Level 7
I have a rampage iii extreme running a i7 990x, msn 970 gtx, corsair h100igtx, 2x 8gb evga 1600, Samsung ssd, and wd blue. I just put this together a few days ago and I had trouble running it for the first time, but using the go! function on the mobo I was able to boot and everything was working besides the sound going in and out. Ram was working, gpu was working, CPU was working and all had good temp. Then after a few restarts the ROG screen would show up and nothing after. After a few restarts it would finally boot. Then the same again. Now it won't boot at all, just stuck on the post screen. The led indicates on the boot device. I tried reflashing, reinstalling the battery, replugging everything. Pretty much everything I could think of. It booted a few times after I removed all USB devices, but now nothing seems to work. Maybe the battery is not working? Could that be the reason? Or maybe it is trying to boot from USB? I cannot access the bios so there is no way to change those settings. I also read that it might not boot because of a faulty sound card, but I've never heard that that can be an issue for not booting. Anyone have these problems or something similar? Please help!!!
2 REPLIES 2

WDxpanzer3
Level 7
Strip down your board to the minimum needed to post.

Remove all RAM except for 1 stick and put that in slot A1 on the board.
Remove the sound card and any hdd that isnt being used for windows
Also clear CMOS using the circular button on the connections side of the board.

Make sure you connected the cpu extra power connectors above the cpu.
1 always has to be used for the extra power or it will go into a boot loop
See if you can get to the bios now.

WDxpanzer3 wrote:
Strip down your board to the minimum needed to post.

Remove all RAM except for 1 stick and put that in slot A1 on the board.
Remove the sound card and any hdd that isnt being used for windows
Also clear CMOS using the circular button on the connections side of the board.

Make sure you connected the cpu extra power connectors above the cpu.
1 always has to be used for the extra power or it will go into a boot loop
See if you can get to the bios now.

I am literally having this same issue right now. Does anyone have a solution that actually works?