cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage 4 extreme x79 ram problem after bios update

yavuzberat
Level 7
hi everyone ;

i got rampage 4 extreme , 3930K cpu , 4*4 g.skill ripjaws, 5830 ati, 700 watt 80+

my bios was 1404 and i upgrade it 2003 with no issue. then 2105 came and i update 2105 to my bios after this update win7 seen ram 12 gb of 16gb.

1 slot like not works but i can see all rams under asus cpuz.

in bios seen 12 gb but it see 16 gb under spd.

system never oc
never change bios standart settings.
8 REPLIES 8

bikeman
Level 7
If now you downgrade to the BIOS version 2003, can detect all the memory it?

have you got idea how can i downgrade bios ? i am searching on internet but cant find.

i try all rams all slots all rams are fine. but cant work in a1 slot (left first red one, )

when i try to black slots systems cant run.

bikeman
Level 7
You can use the USB BIOS flashback

i try al suite not working, ez flash not working usb flasback not working. something really wrong. i got 7 days for change the board just try format after give it back.

yavuzberat wrote:
i try al suite not working, ez flash not working usb flasback not working. something really wrong. i got 7 days for change the board just try format after give it back.

Tried Rampage-IV-Extreme-ASUS-2003.CAP rename to R4E.CAP and roll back USB BIOS Flashback?

lenehan
Level 10
Remove all your RAM and video card. Remove the battery for a while and put it back. CLR CMOS, and put back your ram and video card. Boot and check for the result and see if you are back to normal again.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

8_Pack
Level 12
If a new bios does not offer features you need ??? then why update?? If its stable keep it simple and dont update.

After a full system clear i would try switching to the secondary bios and booting from that to check if the problem still exists it may be a corrupt bios flash. Also check the dimms are seated correctly.

Another option is to use a fat formatted usb stick and do USB flashback with the old 1404 Bios on it renamed to ERALL.rom

@lenehan ; ıts not worked.
@tl@asus ; ıst not worked.
@8pack ; its not worked. i can back 1404 but cant see the ram

today i gave board and rams to shop tomorrow i take new board and new rams.

rams was 4*4 gskill 2133 mhz what doyou think about the rams am i change them to or just change with news ?

thanks for all your good ideas and help..