hi
system
Maximus VII Gene
I5 4670K
G.Skill 2X4gb 2600C10
R9 290 DCII OC
Samsung 830 128gb SSD X2
Samsung HD502 500gb HDD X2
Windows 10 Pro X64 (tested with Windos 8.1 X64 also)

this is something i came across with my old RIVE, but never used the raid function with this motherboard, so after i Setup raid0 with both ssd's everything goes smooth, and i have no problems at all, that is untill i clear cmos or load F5, them i allways loose one disk in the raid Setup
have made raid0 with the legacy intel rom (ctrl + i) + csm enabled
legacy intel rom + csm disabled
intel uefi (in bios) Setup + csm to enabled (uefi load first)
intel uefi (in bios) Setup + csm disabled

allways broken raid0 after cmos or F5, am i doing something wrong ? have i a broken ssd? (would be strange as they both work great alone)
thank you for any help
5 REPLIES 5

schurmann
Level 7
What do u mean with broken? After u clear the cmos u must change the sata mode to raid. After reboot u should see the raid array again…
You also can do the raid in bios, even though I think is the same thing as using the rom utility. When you change the sata mode to raid, after save & reboot, in the end of advanced menu u see an option that lets you create and delete raid arrays. If you use this way instead of the rom utility u can disable it in boot menu by setting the option rom messages to disable.
In my z97 board I use the bios utility with the csm disabled. Never came across with a problem like that…

darkage
Level 11
of course i set raid in bios, how could i know that i lost one ssd from the raid ?

During post both ssd’s are recognized and if so what is the status of your array (bios or rom util)?
Ps. És tuga?

darkage
Level 11
yes and yes and yes
isto já acontecia com a RIVE e perdi a paciencia e deixei de ligar, é um problema comum na asus, se procurares aqui ou na ocn veras o que digo
so estranhei acontecer com esta board e com outros ssd's
sempre que se carrega cmos ou F5 quando o sistema arranca e apos acertar tudo na bios novamente da erro no Setup com um dos discos sem fazer parte do mesmo,
enfim sem respostas de quem eu esperava é o costume por aqui desde que o Dagmar saiu infelizmente
a RVE esta a fazer a mesma coisa
abraço

ok, não duvido, não sabia desses antecedentes! o que te posso dizer é que uso raids desde a striker2f, r2e e agora esta com raptors ou ssd e felizmente não tive esse problema... mas também te digo que nunca tive problemas como neste último pc. parece que o controlo de qualidade só piora. de qq modo boa sorte.
abraço