cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raid 0 low performance issues on Maximus IV hero

xillius200
Level 7
I was wondering if it's just me or other users of the Maximus VI series have had the same issue?

I am using the Intel SATA Controller and have two SSD's in Raid 0 with a stripe of 128kb rated at 550mbps read and around 500mbps write, 85k iops. However all I seem to be able to obtain are the scores below using many different software not just the one in the pic. Anyone else having issues as well?? or just me?? or could anyone help me 😕 because it seems so low compared to see others around 600+ especially on sata 3 with raid0 and considering it's 600mbps on intel raid anyway...

10 REPLIES 10

Deepcuts
Level 10
Which model are your SSDs?

Off topic a bit:
I do not think SSD+Raid = good idea.
Would better go for a Samsung SSD Evo 840 with Rapid Mode. Almost 1 GB read/write.
Or if money are not an issue, go for the PCIe versions.

Deepcuts wrote:
Would better go for a Samsung SSD Evo 840 with Rapid Mode. Almost 1 GB read/write.

Any good single 6Gb/s SSD should be able to reach close to that on Haswell read/write without such trickery as Rapid Mode. Single drive on the Z87 Deluxe.

Seems that my ssd's may just be crappy think I need to invest in a better make xD maybe samsung or ocz lol thanks for the replies anyway this forum seems to be a nice and helpful community 🙂 I think i'll enjoy my time around here lol seems to be due to the lower density of the NAND. Kinda sucks but here's to upgrading and investing I suppose XD

darkage
Level 11
try to run atto and see the readings, that what the manufacturers use to give the performance numbers

well I ran Atto and well saw great results around 900mbps or so XD

darkage
Level 11
this is a raid 0 with cheap solid 3 ssd
if you have any SF controller based ssd dont worry about low results with as ssd benchmark, trust only in atto : -)

Yeah it's a sandforce 2281 based controller XD but how did you know? lol

darkage
Level 11
SF controller is diferent, dont worry about as ssd
enjoy the ride : -)

Thanks I will 🙂

(solved)