Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R4E , Win8 EIST not work?

hsm06
Level 10
Hello everybody
Today installed Windows 8 PRO
i turned on C1E, C3 C6 and speedstep for uefi bios
but windows8 Task Manager cpu speed Locked 3.94Ghz (Use rate 10~15%)
I try to adjust the minimum use of power management cpu to 35% remains the same , Low usage Locked 3.94Ghz .
cpu-z , aida64 show cpu clock 4000mhz remain unchanged.
Win8 EIST not work?
or I set error?
(Using the normal Windows 7 , When the system is idle down[Low usage] to 1200Mhz, 0.865 V)

3930K C2 + R4E + KHX2133 16G
BIOS : 3301
ME Firmware 8.1.20.1336
CPU voltage : offiset
CPU Ratio : Auto
Turbo Mode : On ,
Turbo Ratio : Set 40 by All Core in OS
EPU Setting : Disable
SpeedStep , C1E , C3 Repor , C6 Repor , C7 Repor : Enabled
4 REPLIES 4

Nodens
Level 16
Are you not on High Performance profile? If you're not and minimum state low enough then there's somekind of CPU load forcing the multi up. Also I'm not sure what the task manager shows as I use process explorer replacement instead of default task manager. Can you verify with CPU-Z?

Do a "powercfg -energy" which will create an "energy-report.html". Upload that somewhere so I can take a look.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

I found the problem ....
The reason for Windows 8 "home group"
I tried to disable home group , cpu immediately reduce standby clock.

Nodens
Level 16
Good to know:) Repped you for reporting back the solution!
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

DeXaX
Level 7