cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R4e extra pci-e power conector?

LiveOrDie
Level 11
I'm running SLI GTX 680s + Asus phoebus sound card + GTX 650 and I'm not getting 100% usage out of my SLI looking at my G19 my cards will run around 50% in borderlands 2 and 60-70% in BF3 and some times i will get frame drops below 40 in borderlands 2 so do i need to connect the extra power connector on the board?
20 REPLIES 20

HiVizMan
Level 40
Remove your physics card and you will see improvement. 🙂

Yeah I know that sounds wrong but there you are give it a try and you will see.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
I only picked up my phsyx card a few days ago so i don't think it related to that any other ideas HiViz? BF3 doesn't use Phsyx 0% usage.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah I know mate, talking more about boarderlands 2. 🙂

Connect the extra PCIe connector you certainly have nothing to loose. And in Boarderlands 2 CPU frequency provides a meaningful gain to FPS during the hectic fights.

Honestly I do not know why your system is dropping frames, it should not due to the two cards.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Seems like a lot of people are having the same problem i thought maybe because i'm using all the slots i mite need extra power, But the game does seem to use any nvidia GPU to is max parenteral.

Area_66
Level 11
How is arrange your GPU, I means in witch slot you put the 680 and in witch slot you put the 650 ?

Nodens
Level 16
FPS drop spikes could be linearly related to DPC latency spikes. Check your DPC latency with Latencymon.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

driftingforlife
Level 10
Lose the 650 and apply the Nvidia PCI-E 3.0 patch. Also clock your CPU higher. BL2 is very CPU dependant.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2148/NVIDIA_GeForce_Kepler_PCIe_3.0_mode-enabling_patch_for_San...

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Ill test with Latencymon and i have my 680s in slot 1 and 3 the 650 is in slot 4 , and like i said i was getting this problem before i installed the 650 and already have that patched installed.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Latencymon ?