cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R4BE with Logitech G9x and Illuminated Keyboard on USB 2.0 and UEFI

Sebocat
Level 7
Hello,

i have a question concerning the R4BE (UEFI BIOS 0603) and Logitech G9x and illuminated Keyboard on USB 2.0 Ports.

Both devices do not work under UEFI when they are on a USB 2.0 port, on USB 3.0 ports everything under UEFI is working fine.

Is that normal with that board or is a special UEFI Setting neccessary to get both devices working on a USB 2.0 ports under UEFI?

Of courde both devices work fine in Windows when they are on the USB 2.0 port - but not under UEFI.

Thanks in advance for any help and answers.

Greets 🙂
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello there.

The latest bios deals with some USB compatibility issues - what I can do is forward your observation to the BIOS team and see what they come up with.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Sebocat
Level 7
Hi!

I have that latest Bios but it didn't help, so it would be very nice if you could forward that, thank you! 🙂

tistou77
Level 13
I have a R4BE with 0603 and LIK Logitech keyboard and no problem (connected to USB2)
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

Sebocat
Level 7
Thx for the Info, interesting...what Mouse do you have? Is EHCI Handshake enabled or disabled? Maybe some other USB Devices connected to the board may do this behaviour, too.

tistou77
Level 13
I have a Logitech MX Revolution, the default setting for the EHCI 😉
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

Sebocat
Level 7
Well i tried the keyboard alone with no other USB devices, but still not working on USB 2.0 (only 3.0) under UEFI, no matter if EHCI Handshake is enabled or disabled...

mmm I have a G19 keyboard and a G9x mouse on a USB 2.0 port.

No problems with UEFI - Bios 0602. Same with earlier BIOS's...
Maximus VIII Formula, i7-6700K Clocked to 4.6+ GHz, EK EVO + XSPC Resevoir + D5 Water Cooling, 32GB G-Skill TridentZ F4-3200C160-32GTZB DDR4, Intel 750 NVMe 400G, 5, Seagate 3TB HDD + 4TB WD HDD, MSI GTX980 Ti Golden Edition.