BigSecksi
Level 7
Specs:
ASUS R4BE
i7-4930k
Corsair 4x8 2666 was running at default clocks still
AX1200 PSU
2x GTX-690

I built a machine a week ago and it worked just fine for several days. Then when my cousin was playing a game it just turned off. No freeze, no dump, no BSOD nothing just turned off. Now the machine will try to boot and throw various errors or just go AA but I never get a display. I have tried using the 690s in all slots solo, I have tried using one stick of RAM in various slots, I have removed and re-seated the cpu, I have removed all unnecessary components, I have tried a different monitor, I have tried the second bios, and nothing works. I get q-code 34 with most setups with ram in the left most slot only I get error 65, occasionally I will get AA and the cd drive will spin up if I have in installed but I never get a video signal. I have pulled my titan from another rig and have the same issues. Am I looking at a suddenly dead board or is there something I am missing?

Edit: I have also cleared CMOS and tried ram from a machine that passed memtest just fine.
4 REPLIES 4

Raja
Level 13
Try a different GPU if you have one. If not might need to RMA the board.

On a sidenote (just info): I have found DDR3-2666 is not easy to get 100% stable without lots of VCCSA on some CPUs as well. Mine here needs upwards of 1.30V just to make it to the desktop.

-Raja

HiVizMan
Level 40
34 indicates your system is sitting in the BIOS mode. Your VGA appears to be the cause - if possible swap out your graphic card and test with another known working card.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
34 indicates your system is sitting in the BIOS mode. Your VGA appears to be the cause - if possible swap out your graphic card and test with another known working card.

I pulled my titan out of my working rig and nothing. I am really starting to think the mobo is toast. I am running out of things to try. Unfortunately I dont have another processor.

Raja
Level 13
Try another PSU just as a sanity check (if you have one spare).

Code 34 can be what Hiviz said but can also be a frozen system as well (memory/CPU) at worst.

-Raja