07-07-2011 05:46 PM
07-08-2011 03:13 AM
Just wondering why we are not receiving any support for the motherboard.
[ASUS Rampage III Extreme Black Edition] + [ASUS Thunderbolt]
We have reported plenty of issues, we would love some info.
07-08-2011 12:32 PM
Can you provide me with a list of issues please?
The basic BIOS of the R3E BE uses the same code and fixes that have already been rolled out for the R3E model. That's why there have been fewer total BIOS releases from the Black Edition - because most of the issues had already been addressed on the standard board.
07-08-2011 03:49 PM
07-08-2011 05:49 PM
Ok let's go through these one by one:
1) How many software tools are you openeing at once to see these "spikes"? Using more than one software tool to poll the SMBUS or Super IO will cause misreads - there is no "real" BCLK spike, ignore what software tells you.
2) The memory issue could be down to to things:
A) the VTT you are reading on both boards is different to what is set. EVGA set the high side power plane voltage higher so that the socket side VTT is what you set in BIOS. The R3E does not do that, I measured socket side VTT to be up to 0.1V lower than what is set in BIOS without VTT LLC enabled.
B) You may need to fiddle with the tRL settings to get all the DIMMs mapped over a certain frequency - I know the eVGA boards well, have them all here and this is pretty much what they did on that board too. I think the tRL containing beta BIOS is here:
3) I think that might come down to AMI BIOS limitiations. The Classified uses Award BIOS AFAIK. Will have to ask HQ
4) I will have to report this to HQ and see what they say.
5) That too will have to go to HQ.
6) Not enough BIOS space for that until Marvell give us a ROM that can fit - we have been waiting and have had nothing back from them.
7) AFAIK HWmonitor32 etc was patched to monitor all temp probes on the BE. The probes won't lie to you, what you see is what the probes read and that should be accurate.
09-24-2011 12:16 PM
I do have quite a few open with the image, but I have seen the issue with just Suite II open. I have also brought up the suggestion that Suite II is indeed bugged, and if you follow towards the bottom of the first post I have on Overclock.net, I find massive DPC latency spikes all triggered by Suite II.
07-09-2011 12:39 AM
07-09-2011 12:57 AM
07-09-2011 01:03 AM
Hi Raja , hoping the other problems will be solved as soon as is possible , i can't understand , regarding point number 7 , why we should use a third part software in order to read sb , nb and vrt temperatures. I think , like many others , if BE is an improvement of R3E , it should have been more complete also in it's own software . Remebering all nb and sb heating problems of R3E , we would like to see all the improvements in heatsink system ,monitoring everything by Ai Suite 2.
07-09-2011 08:05 AM
Might be an idea to type out a BIOS profile on the DRAM stuff - I can possibly make some suggestions that will help. I know it's quite an lengthy BIOS, but I suspect some timings need relaxing as well as some other settings...